Which SSD is best?

Zeorth

So I'm currently looking at a lot of different SSDs, could you guys point me towards which one to get?

Kingston A2000 M.2 (cheapest)

Samsung 860 Evo M.2 (middle ground)

Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe (most expensive)

z390 mobo go for Samsung 970 EVO Plus

x570 mobo go for Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 

6 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

z390 mobo go for Samsung 970 EVO Plus

x570 mobo go for Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 

I have a X470 Mobo, Asus Crosshair VII

Are you only running one NVMe?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, OreoPandas said:

I have a X470 Mobo, Asus Crosshair VII

the samsung evo plus should work better for you

that is if u don't care about money and only want performance

Just now, nick name said:

Are you only running one NVMe?

I'm currently running a 500 GB 850 Evo 2.5 inch SATA. However, this is not enough anymore and I want extra storage hence the addition of a M.2. I can't really be bothered with cables so M.2 is easiest.

1 minute ago, HornyFurry said:

the samsung evo plus should work better for you

that is if u don't care about money and only want performance

Samsung Evo Plus is obviously the best one, but also the most expensive. Are the other 2 drives reliable and how do they match up to the 970 Evo Plus?

Just now, OreoPandas said:

I'm currently running a 500 GB 850 Evo 2.5 inch SATA. However, this is not enough anymore and I want extra storage hence the addition of a M.2. I can't really be bothered with cables so M.2 is easiest.

Well let's consider this option then:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZYWTBP/ref=psdc_1292116011_t5_B07K1J3C23?th=1

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 minutes ago, OreoPandas said:

Samsung Evo Plus is obviously the best one, but also the most expensive. Are the other 2 drives reliable and how do they match up to the 970 Evo Plus?

to load into gta 5 the results are:

25.50sec for the samsung 979 evo plus

26.446sec for the samsung 860 evo

27.783sec for the kingston a2000

16 minutes ago, nick name said:

I think that the Sabrent Rocket is good enough but pick the TLC Model so this one. It's $120 and on SSD Tier List it's equal to the 970 Evo Plus. 

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

Just now, SHROUD said:

I would redirect you to this post in the forum.

Hopefully it helps.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Khalma said:

Samsung is extremely reliable regardless of the type of drive.  Up until a recent test they are the only drives i've used and i still have a daily used OS running on a nearly 8 year old pair of Samsung 830's that STILL get over 1GB read and near 1gb write speeds (in  RAID 0 of course but my point was they still run like day 1 on a reliability factor not the speed though that hasn't decreased either....)

8 years used daily for gaming/video editing, is that reliable enough for you? Samsung is known as one of the BEST memory manufacturers in the world, period.  so if you fear reliability go with the best regardless of the series of drive, they will all be made quality.  

That tier list of SSD's is just a guideline at most, little vague in what makes some better then others? There are no facts to back it up (speeds, reliability or anything.)

On the opposite end of what Xently said, after issues with Samsung drives and their warranty issues as well (google it) I won't use their stuff at all.

I've been happy with my various Intel and Cruical SSD's and not had any issues with them at all (had/have about a dozen of each now in different builds.) The original Crucial (M4s I got in 2012) and Intel SSD's (about 4-5yrs) I bought many years ago are still running strong (the M4's are still used daily in my now backup ex gaming machine downstairs.)

So its a matter of what works for you and most drives are good or better now a days. Get whats on sale and you like (I'd stick with the bigger brand names still mind you)...

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit