My Loop Won’t Fill. Help Please!

Hello all! Thank you in advance for any help you’re able to give me. 

I am somewhat experienced in building computers, and decided that it was time to try my hand at a custom loop. I’m using a mix of EKWB and Corsair parts and I’m doing a hardline loop with both my gpu, cpu, and a 360mm radiator. Everything was going smoothly until it was time to fill my loop. I filled the reservoir and turned on the pump. Coolant was being pumped through perfectly fine until it reached the radiator. At that point, there was a small leak on one of the fittings that I didn’t quite tighten down enough, so I turned off the pump, drained the loop completely, fixed the fitting, and tried again. The next time I tried to fill the loop, coolant moved through everything fine again until it reached the radiator where it just stopped and would barely move anymore. And this time there was no leak. There are a decent amount of air bubbles, but I have an opening at the top of the res so it should be able to escape. Does anyone have a possible way that I could fix this? I’ve been searching around for hours and can’t find any help. Thanks again! 

First, I'm not super experienced but it's been 5 hours and no one has responded.  I'm guessing you're fighting gravity and an air bubble.  Fill your reservoir as much as possible, cap it, make sure all your fittings are tight, and rotate your case so the pump/res are above your radiator inlet/outlet.  Help the pump to move that air through the radiator since it curves around through a snake-like pipe.  You may need to do this several times depending on your pump strength and how much air your loop has stuck in it. Try different positions.  Think like the pipe.  Which way is the air moving inside the radiator? Which way should I turn it next?  The most important part of this is make sure to not starve your pump of fluid.  If the level goes down enough in the reservoir but you STILL don't see anything, check for leaks, refill the reservoir, and do it again.  

Don't over-think this, you got it :D

Oh, one more thing:  did you pre-rinse your radiators?  Did you check for the little rubber bungs that some manufacturers put in the G1/4 opening if they don't come with actual plugs?  I almost screwed one of those in when I was test fitting an adapter!

To add to what @Lobstar said. I would just take the radiator out and make sure water can freely flow through it since that seems to be the source of your problems. 

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

Pump speed should be on max.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

To echo others, I've had a little experience with water cooling, and you absolutely need to tilt the case around all kinds of angles to purge the air from the radiator if it's flat across the top of the case. Tilt it up, down, left, right, diagnonally, all the directions and multiple times, sometimes once every few hours for a few days. You'll never purge ALL the air but you don't want to, some air makes room for the liquid to expand but typically that should be in your reservoir not in the radiator. You may need to lay the case down on the side and run the pump to purge most of it to start with, put it back up, refill the res, then go back on the side and maybe multiple times. You might needs to rotate it through a specific arc to 'walk' the air bubbles out of the radiator, lines, and cpu block even!

Ive found that when filling my loop I lay my case on its side, and rotate the reservoir pointing to the ceiling and fill that way, I can move the case in diff directions to remove air bubbles and filling at the same time - easiest way for me and have yet to have an issue with filling a loop (multiple radiator setups) - also its even easier if you use a second PSU to power the pump to switch on and off to help fill

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case