Laptop overheating

Th3Luk1z

So hi,I have an older laptop, Asus x552l I use it as normal sometimes litle gaming i play CS:GO it goes up to 90°C don't know why. It was cleaned recently and everything is good. So please somebody tell me why is it doing that. Its like 5-10mins until it goes to 90°C and start lagging. I had even older laptop it used to play cs:go with no problems and thermal paste on older laptop is not changed since we bought it so its about 6 years.

Thermal paste was not changed it has been running since I got it like a year ago. There is no intake near the fan. I marked it where the fan is. I cleaned it my self. I place it on a table. Some times I put under jar lids for better cooling but that dosin't help. And bdw i only cleaned the dust just took of the keyboard.

IMG_20191228_005337.jpg

The lack of air intake doesn't mean it shouldn't get a fan+fin clean.

Also, I would say that in most cases, thermal paste in laptops start turning into dry concrete around the 2-3 years mark. Sometimes less in sub-par end laptops, in which I admit I would place the x552L.

And given it was sold from what I found with windows 8, it's way past the 3 year mark.

Fan and fins are clean. So does that mean i have to change thermal paste and it should be alright?

Then a good quality paste application could be the answer.

You should keep something in mind though: a lot of consumer grade laptops out there are basically "designed" to reach stupid temps and throttle down, as they where intended for office/multimedia use, not for gaming/ continuous load, and as such this throttling issue would only show itself during windows updates/ program installs/ compressing files.

So, yes, a fresh paste application is you go-to potential solution, but even with the best paste application, it's also possible you still have the same issue afterward... just 10-15 in instead of 5-10 minutes in your gaming session.