PC won't boot into BIOS.. No signal on display.

Hi, 

I just assembled a new PC and it isn't even booting up into bios. I check the monitor and it works fine with my other setup, the motherboard bios is up to date, everything seems to be plugged in right (i checked multiple times). 

But the PC just won't start. Everything in the cpu seems to be working fine, as all thr fans are spinning including the cpu fan and everything lights up fine, still no bios. 

I can't seem to figure out the issue, 

Please help

8 minutes ago, bazingaa95 said:

Hi, 

I just assembled a new PC and it isn't even booting up into bios. I check the monitor and it works fine with my other setup, the motherboard bios is up to date, everything seems to be plugged in right (i checked multiple times). 

But the PC just won't start. Everything in the cpu seems to be working fine, as all thr fans are spinning including the cpu fan and everything lights up fine, still no bios. 

I can't seem to figure out the issue, 

Please help

No BIOS beep code? No LED's?

If the hardware other than the actual display seems to be functioning, It might be booting into bios but there is a problem with display.  I was having an issue like that recently where my OS was actually turning off my monitor.  Maybe a gpu issue?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is this the PC you're talking about?

image.thumb.png.96d2b376272366fd4b357f73428e3ec0.png

If not, please post the specifications of the new PC and ensure your monitor is plugged into the right video out.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

If the hardware other than the actual display seems to be functioning, It might be booting into bios but there is a problem with display.  I was having an issue like that recently where my OS was actually turning off my monitor.  Maybe a gpu issue?

The monitor works fine with other setups and i don't have an OS installed yet. I tried plugging it directly in the motherboard as well

4 hours ago, minibois said:

Is this the PC you're talking about?

image.thumb.png.96d2b376272366fd4b357f73428e3ec0.png

If not, please post the specifications of the new PC and ensure your monitor is plugged into the right video out.

No that was my old system, 

I have a ryzen 3700x,

asus prime x470 pro with updated bios, 

Rtx 2060 super

Corsair vengeance 32gb 3000 Mhz

750 W psu. 

I tried plugging my monitor into my graphics card, and my motherboard in both hdmi and displayport.. None of it works 

11 minutes ago, bazingaa95 said:

The monitor works fine with other setups and i don't have an OS installed yet. I tried plugging it directly in the motherboard as well

If your cpu has an integrated GPU that would be a useful test.  If it doesn’t that won’t do anything.  Lacking knowledge of the particulars of the device I cannot say one way or another.

UPDATE: it appears we were typing at the same time.  The 3700x does not have an integrated GPU.  The motherboard video ports are only useful for the xxxxG apus.  

Edited by Bombastinator
Update

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Kisai said:

No BIOS beep code? No LED's?

No nothing

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If your cpu has an integrated GPU that would be a useful test.  If it doesn’t that won’t do anything.  Lacking knowledge of the particulars of the device I cannot say one way or another.

No it doesn't have a gpu on it. It's a ryzen 3700x

1 minute ago, bazingaa95 said:

No nothing

I suspect some sort of GPU related problem then.  It could be hardware, software, or installation.

7 hours ago, bazingaa95 said:

No that was my old system, 

I have a ryzen 3700x,

asus prime x470 pro with updated bios, 

Rtx 2060 super

Corsair vengeance 32gb 3000 Mhz

750 W psu. 

I tried plugging my monitor into my graphics card, and my motherboard in both hdmi and displayport.. None of it works 

How have you check that the BIOS on the board is updated? Does it either have a sticker on the box 'Ryzen 3000 desktop ready' or was it specifically updated to BIOS level 4804 or newer?

image.png.03bbc281aaee44c70943f6900cf05a58.png

Did your case perhaps come with a speaker?

image.png.d60096ca645a1354420a7ed80db5d160.png

Also, have you tried stripping down the system as much as possible. E.g. only trying one stick of memory, unplug all storage devices, only a keyboard connected, etc.

According to the manual a POST test may take up to 30 seconds, but I would just power it on and wait for a minute.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/