New Build Recommendations

Hi again Linus community !

I have recently been hired by Apple, as a result had to move all the way to Cork Ireland. I couldn't bring my entire PC with me, so all I managed to bring were my ROG Strix 1080ti, my 7 HDDs + SSDs, as well as my 32gb DDR4 T-Force RAM. Now, with that being said, I need to build a new RIG around those parts. I am in Ireland as I said, so all is in Euros, and very few online computer stores here and TAX is like 20% DANG!

My budget is kinda low, not more than €1000 or below.

So far I know what case I need to accommodate all my storage, the one and only Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow + 2 HDD Cages. I mean it's the only case I could find that has us storage hogs in mind. With that said, need to mention that gaming would still be good with 32GB RAM n my Strix 1080ti both of which I already have.

Now on to the build. Gotta say I have never used AMD CPUs before but Ryzen is way cheaper than Intel these days. I wanna build a Ryzen 7 - 3700x system, which after watching hours upon hours of videos, seems to be the all rounder CPU to get. As for Motherboard I wanna stay clear of Gigabyte as I had nothing but bad experience with them. MSI/ASUS or even AsRock would be great. I am slowly learning that x570 Chipset is what to go with as anything below, although they do support the 3700x I would need an older CPU to update Bios for it to work, which I do not have nor want to go through hassle of asking to be done. So x570 is what am stuck with. Also I will be having 10+ HDDs to put in there, so the more SATAs the Mobo has the better, although am getting a PCIe to 6x SATA card, still would be great to have.

Finally, PSU, and CPU Cooler. For PSU fully modular Gold rated would be great, CPU cooler have no idea but an AiO should do... Check my idea lists below from Amazon UK, as you can see am stuck on motherboard. It's the thing giving me the biggest headache...

Recommendations...... GO!

My Current Idea Amazon UK List

Extras I need

~ My Current Build ~

PC-Part Picker Full List |

| AsRock x570 Tai Chi | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x @ 3.8Ghz | 
| ROG STRiX GTX 1080 8Gb GDDR5X | TeamGroup Delta "R" 32GB DDR4 @3000Mhz RGB |
| Corsair Obsidian 750D | Corsair RM750x (2018) | ROG Horus GK2000 RGB | Logi MX Ergo TrackBall |

| Boot : 256gb SMG 960 Evo nVme | Profile Drive : 1TB SMG 860 Evo SATA | Games : 1TB SMG 970 Evo nVme |

More Info....

Hard one because I got no idea what kind of machine you need.  
the requirement for an earlier cpu to do x470 or b450 is generally out of date though.  Most new boards of that type do not require a 2xxx cpu to update anymore.  Anything labeled “max” already has the new bios in it as well as any board with a “3000 ready” sticker on the box.

Pcpartpicker has an Ireland nation setting.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hard one because I got no idea what kind of machine you need.  
the requirement for an earlier cpu to do x470 or b450 is generally out of date though.  Most new boards of that type do not require a 2xxx cpu to update anymore.  Anything labeled “max” already has the new bios in it as well as any board with a “3000 ready” sticker on the box.

Pcpartpicker has an Ireland nation setting.

I know that, but Motherboard pickings are slim... in Ireland as if I set PCPP to IE availability goes down. And they suggest a lot of x470 n B450 chipsets not mentioning if Bios is up to date or not, also get compatibility warning... Gaming parts I already have like GPU - Strix 1080ti and 32GB DDR4 3000 RAM don't need those...

~ My Current Build ~

| Corsair Obsidian 750D | Corsair RM750x (2018) | ROG Horus GK2000 RGB | Logi MX Ergo TrackBall |

| Boot : 256gb SMG 960 Evo nVme | Profile Drive : 1TB SMG 860 Evo SATA | Games : 1TB SMG 970 Evo nVme |

More Info....

What you'll be doing on this PC ?

And instead of shitton of old small HDDs might it be a better idea to get a one 10-16TB instead ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

What you'll be doing on this PC ?

And instead of shitton of old small HDDs might it be a better idea to get a one 10-16TB instead ?

For HDDs I cannot afford that kind of storage, plus I already got tons of data on what I got. And as I mentioned, gaming and Plex Server.... No transcoding just direct stream to nVidia Shield. Again GPU n RAM I already got...

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

Just now, TechXero said:

For HDDs I cannot afford that kind of storage, plus I already got tons of data on what I got. And as I mentioned, gaming and Plex Server.... No transcoding just direct stream to nVidia Shield. Again GPU n RAM I already got...

Then you don't need neither R7 3700X nor X570, get R5 3600(X) and MSI B450 A-Pro\GP\Tomahawk MAX.

Just now, Juular said:

Then you don't need neither R7 3700X nor X570, get R5 3600(X) and MSI B450 A-Pro\GP\Tomahawk MAX.

The reason I went with 3700x is future proofing. I only buy a new PC once every 4 to 5 years...

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

1 minute ago, TechXero said:

The reason I went with 3700x is future proofing. I only buy a new PC once every 4 to 5 years...

Okay, that B450 board still good for it.

Just now, Juular said:

Okay, that B450 board still good for it.

With B450 need to update Bios which requires an older CPU... Or am I wrong?

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

1 minute ago, TechXero said:

With B450 need to update Bios which requires an older CPU... Or am I wrong?

Most of them, except these particular boards. These are separate SKUs that were not existing prior to Zen 2 release so they all support Zen 2 out-of-the-box. However they have just one M.2 slot and 6 SATA ports so if you want more storage options then going for X570 will make sense, smth like ASRock Pro 4 or ASUS TUF.

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Most of them, except these particular boards. These are separate SKUs that were not existing prior to Zen 2 release so they all support Zen 2 out-of-the-box. However they have just one M.2 slot and 6 SATA ports so if you want more storage options then going for X570 will make sense, smth like ASRock Pro 4 or ASUS TUF.

That was my initial question. What x570 mobo to go with excluding Gigabyte that won't break my budget? I prefer x570 for future proofing...

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

Just now, TechXero said:

That was my initial question. What x570 mobo to go with excluding Gigabyte that won't break my budget? I prefer x570 for future proofing...

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

smth like ASRock Pro 4 or ASUS TUF.

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

The ASUS TUF has 8xSATA or am I seeing wrong ? And 2xM.2 one with Heatsink another whithout...

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

20 minutes ago, TechXero said:

The ASUS TUF has 8xSATA or am I seeing wrong ? And 2xM.2 one with Heatsink another whithout...

Umm, yeah. X570 boards have 8 SATA ports and 2\3x M.2 slots, most of them. MSI B450 MAX boards has 6 SATA ports and 1x M.2 slot.

Umm, yeah. X570 boards have 8 SATA ports and 2\3x M.2 slots, most of them. MSI B450 MAX boards has 6 SATA ports and 1x M.2 slot.

cool that board should do... Am an ASUS fan... And with this card should be able to use all my drives..

f5Nh1OK.jpg

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

4 minutes ago, TechXero said:

And with this card should be able to use all my drives..

Yeah, it should. Just make sure to watch your drives SMART status for any signs of failure.

Yeah, it should. Just make sure to watch your drives SMART status for any signs of failure.

I will. I have all WD 4TB RED NAS Drives with exception of one 10TB Seagate Barracuda which is full of 1080p REMUX movies. It's noisy as heck hate it hate Seagate... I was thinking about MSI x570 boards...

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

6 minutes ago, TechXero said:

I will. I have all WD 4TB RED NAS Drives with exception of one 10TB Seagate Barracuda which is full of 1080p REMUX movies. It's noisy as heck hate it hate Seagate... I was thinking about MSI x570 boards...

While the b450 lineup of msi boards is very good, the x570 is not so much. You're much better off with the asus tuf gaming plus or with a gigabyte aorus elite

18 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

While the b450 lineup of msi boards is very good, the x570 is not so much. You're much better off with the asus tuf gaming plus or with a gigabyte aorus elite

Yeah am seeing that MSI has 6SATA not 8, and Gigabyte for me is a no go coz they gave nothing but issues before... So with all that, below should be final build. Barely edges on €1000

My Current Idea Amazon UK List

Extras I need

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

19 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Agree on MSI but Gigabyte X570 boards ain't good either, they have 16MB ROM even on high-end ones, same size as on B450 boards which had big problems because motherboard manufacturers had to shrink UEFI firmware size to fit it, cutting GUI and some non-essential stuff but most importantly because it's essentially a completely new firmware it had a lot of bugs in the first months after release. And who knows maybe with the addition of Zen 3&4 compatibility, AGESA firmware will bloat so much that it will not fit in 16MB at all. Really a bad design decision to put 16MB ROM chip on supposedly high-end X570 boards.

TLDR: Stick with ASUS, OP.

8 hours ago, Juular said:

Agree on MSI but Gigabyte X570 boards ain't good either, they have 16MB ROM even on high-end ones, same size as on B450 boards which had big problems because motherboard manufacturers had to shrink UEFI firmware size to fit it, cutting GUI and some non-essential stuff but most importantly because it's essentially a completely new firmware it had a lot of bugs in the first months after release. And who knows maybe with the addition of Zen 3&4 compatibility, AGESA firmware will bloat so much that it will not fit in 16MB at all. Really a bad design decision to put 16MB ROM chip on supposedly high-end X570 boards.

TLDR: Stick with ASUS, OP.

Exactly... Gigabyte shall forever be barred from my book... Never to be considered ever again... To me that brand don't even exist....

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

I have DDR4 3000 RAM from Team Group T-Force Dela-R (RGB) good or bad? Also can I use the the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F with Ryzen 5 3600x ?

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

2 hours ago, TechXero said:

I have DDR4 3000 RAM from Team Group T-Force Dela-R (RGB) good or bad? Also can I use the the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F with Ryzen 5 3600x ?

Is the motherboard already purchased?  You can definitely use it if it has an updated bios.  If it doesn’t have a bios the bios can be updated. Many newly manufactured boards come with updated bios out of the package.  If it’s not newly manufactured though it may not.  Generally the ones that have been updated at the factory will have a sticker on them saying so.  If you somehow wind up with a board that does not have an updated bios and no 2xxx cpu to put in and update the bios with there are still options.  The motherboard has asus EZflash 3 https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Is the motherboard already purchased?  You can definitely use it if it has an updated bios.  If it doesn’t have a bios the bios can be updated. Many newly manufactured boards come with updated bios out of the package.  If it’s not newly manufactured though it may not.  Generally the ones that have been updated at the factory will have a sticker on them saying so.  If you somehow wind up with a board that does not have an updated bios and no 2xxx cpu to put in and update the bios with there are still options.  The motherboard has asus EZflash 3 https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/

Nope not yet. In this case which series mono to buy that is ready to use OTB (out the box) with Ryzen 5 3600x ? As it sits that's the config I built --> Here

~ My Current Build ~

More Info....

5 hours ago, TechXero said:

Nope not yet. In this case which series mono to buy that is ready to use OTB (out the box) with Ryzen 5 3600x ? As it sits that's the config I built --> Here

I wouldn't go for the b450 asus. The x570 asus is a good board, for b450 i'd go for MSI MAX vresions (guaranteed to work with ryzen 3000)