Usb mobo port

Heyvguys can i plug a front panel usb plug here? It saysempry card reader and it is the same as usb header right next to it

IMG_20191215_175648.jpg

Because memory card readers using usb. I'm surprised that someone mark it that way. Is it motherboard from some prebuilt PC like Dell, Lenovo etc? If you want to be 100% sure, download manual and check connector detailed description.

Maybe it's usb with less "power" (sd cards don't need high amperage) so you should not connect anything like external drive to it?

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

Because memory card readers using usb. I'm surprised that someone mark it that way. Is it motherboard from some prebuilt PC like Dell, Lenovo etc? If you want to be 100% sure, download manual and check connector detailed description.

Maybe it's usb with less "power" (sd cards don't need high amperage) so you should not connect anything like external drive to it?

Its a samsung b75 mobo i got from a surplus. Been searching all over the web for manuals and guides about this mobo.. but no luck finding one yet

So you have 2 options:

1. It's just USB, but with different info - for specific config, for Samsung PC. Probably original PC has external USB and card reader, so it's marked as this.

2. It's USB with less power.

3. Very unlikely, but possible - it's different port designed especially for Samsung PC - it may have different connectors order and you may damage your PC.

If you need more internal USB, you'll need something like that:

hubby_2_600x600.jpg.53137ccc056c08952d0e2bf1db5f8b61.jpg

11 hours ago, homeap5 said:

So you have 2 options:

1. It's just USB, but with different info - for specific config, for Samsung PC. Probably original PC has external USB and card reader, so it's marked as this.

2. It's USB with less power.

3. Very unlikely, but possible - it's different port designed especially for Samsung PC - it may have different connectors order and you may damage your PC.

If you need more internal USB, you'll need something like that:

hubby_2_600x600.jpg.53137ccc056c08952d0e2bf1db5f8b61.jpg

Thanks so much for the infos!!