DOWNLOAD SPEED DROPS.

HomeWreckerJamees

Hey guys i have just switched to cogeco's 10gbps, i am just wondering what would cause say 70mbs download speeds to and have it drop down to a steady 14mb? This is really frustrating and i would really like to know what would cause this fluctuation? I will say i have i am testing these both on steam and origin. This is all wired cat 6 cable and do not have any wifi running at the moment to do my tests. All my speed tests are normal.

Any ideas anyone?

Are you sure you aren't comparing MB to Mb? Being Megabyte and Megabit respectively.

1 MB = 8 Mb.

Steam displays numbers in MB, while Speedtest.net and your ISP will use Mb. That means 14MB = 112Mb.

Not sure what the 10Gbps link has to do with this.. Is that a switch in your local network?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Look to see if you have a bandwidth limit on steam, origin, and possibly in windows settings

Where are you getting 10gbps from? I looked at cogeco's website and I didn't see any 10gbps package.

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Not sure what the 10Gbps link has to do with this.. Is that a switch in your local network?

He means he upgraded to 10Gps 

Sorry i meant 1gbps and yes i know the difference betweeen the two mb and mb. I just seen massive drops in download speeds from say 80mbs down to a steady 15mbs.

I also am having massive rubber banding issues in my video games cs go, pubg apex, I know its not a hardware issue i have tested this on both pcs i have 6660k gtx 1070, and 9600k 1080 ti. 

What i will try AGAIN is formatting. I really don't know what else to do. When in doubt format.

7 hours ago, HomeWreckerJamees said:

I know its not a hardware issue i have tested this on both pcs i have 6660k gtx 1070, and 9600k 1080 ti. 

I was going to say that it could be the modem and/or router not being able to push 1Gbps but you also said that all speed tests are normal.

At this point it could be the ISP, contact them and see what's up.

Sorry i meant 1gbps and yes i know the difference betweeen the two mb and mb. I just seen massive drops in download speeds from say 80mbs down to a steady 15mbs.

This is important, you need to tell us the proper "mbs" you're talking about here or else we can't help you.

I may have the answer to your problem but I can't be sure with knowing if it's mb or MB

Edited by Syaoran