Help With Which Unofficial AMD GPU Drivers To Install On My Mac

Hi,

I have a late 2017 MacBook Pro 15 with a Radeon Pro 560 graphics chip.

I feel as though the performance really takes a hit when doing GPU intensive tasks on Bootcamp Windows. I recently read that unofficial AMD drivers, such as the ones from www.bootcampdrivers.com will help with improving graphics and also will allow me to mildly overclock.

I require some help into which version I should be downloading as the compatibility of these unofficial drivers aren't very clear to me. I tried installing the Adrenelin November and also the September Edition but both resulted in a black screen with only my cursor showing after logging in to Windows. And both times, my graphics chip was detected as a Radeon RX 560 which isn't correct.

Help and suggestions are much welcomed,

Thanks!

I have the exact same model MacBook Pro as yours and I run Windows 10 Version 1909 in Boot Camp to play games using those custom drivers and they work great.

Go to this link: https://bootcampdrivers.freeforums.net/thread/525/adrenalin-november-edition-available

Download the top one (Version A - V2). You need to also use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove your current drivers. You can uninstall the current AMD Software in the Windows Settings under Apps. Then hold Shift while clicking Restart and then choose advanced, then choose Startup Settings (change startup behavior). Hold Option if you need to and boot back into Windows. Press the number corresponding to Safe Mode and Windows will boot. Then use DDU (it should be included with the driver you downloaded after extracting the ZIP file) and choose GPU, AMD and then click Clean and Restart. Hold Option again (if you need to) and boot into Windows.

Once at the desktop, make sure to disconnect from the internet very quickly, then run the installer in the driver folder you downloaded. Proceed as normal. Restart afterwards and you should have everything working. On my machine, the first restart resulted in a black screen while it was trying to shut down, but after holding the power button to force it to turn off, and then rebooting it worked perfectly fine.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM