MSI error 62

I have built a new,personal computer. This is my first build so apologies if there is a very obvious solution.

my build has the following:

Ryzen 3950x

MSI X570 Creation Motherboard

Nvidia 2070 Super

Hyper X Ram

NVME hard drive

When I turn on the computer I get hit with error 62. I read that this might be due to the GPU connection. I’ve tried two slots and I get the same error.

If I remove the graphics card I get error D6 (which I expected because I have no integrated graphics).

I would really appreciate any suggestions. The next option from my reading appears to be a BIOS update. I’d appreciate a good reference article if this really is necessary as I don’t want to break my board.

Thank you all!

error 62 on that board is "Installation of the PCH Runtime Services". Only thin I can think of is the bios doesn't support the cpu or gpu and needs to be updated before you can actually start the machine

Thank you Emosun.

So I’ve checked the latest BIOS updates on the MSI website and it doesn’t mention anything to do with GPU and the board itself advertises itself as Ryzen 3000 compatible.

Looking at the serial number it looks like the 2070 Super was released after the board was manufactured so that could indicate it needs updating?

thanks for your help Emoson!

55 minutes ago, emosun said:

error 62 on that board is "Installation of the PCH Runtime Services". Only thin I can think of is the bios doesn't support the cpu or gpu and needs to be updated before you can actually start the machine

Thanks for help. Just wondering how to update BIOS without a display?

18 hours ago, idempotent said:

Just wondering how to update BIOS without a display?

you install a cpu and gpu that was compatible with the board prior to the bios update.

But it's a tossup as to whats actually wrong with the board the error is so generic.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, emosun said:

you install a cpu and gpu that was compatible with the board prior to the bios update.

But it's a tossup as to whats actually wrong with the board the error is so generic.

Thanks!

ive unplugged everything in and out again and now I get B2. After some reading I think it needs a BIOS update for this error too.

ive ordered a CPU with integrated graphics so hopefully I can fix with the update.

thanks for your help, I’ll drop an update here if it works.... 

8 hours ago, idempotent said:

ive ordered a CPU with integrated graphics so hopefully I can fix with the update.

did you check the board page and make sure the cpu is compatible with the very first bios version?

5 hours ago, emosun said:

did you check the board page and make sure the cpu is compatible with the very first bios version?

I couldn’t find a site that mapped a bios to a set of compatible components but it does list that the CPU is compatible with the board.

do you k ow of a good reference site?

thanks for your help

• 1 year later...

HI, I posting this for any person who will check.

In my case having MSI x299 creator the code 62 came and the pc did not continue booting but just restart.

After many tests the result was the PSU Corsair AX1200i was not providing enough power to boot, even it had 2month  that was bought. 

The Corsair support explained the AX1200i might not be compatible with all boards and they cannot do anything. 

So a new PSU does the work well.

Hope to be helpful.