Do i really need the Addressable RGB card?

Hyo
Go to solution Solved by Yocracra,

It really shouldn't affect fan speeds at all. It is for sure a nice thing to plug in since it adds a really nice feel to your PC. If I were you i would install it using a YouTube video or something. I don't think it needs anything more than a SATA port.

So i recently bought this https://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-Xtreme-i9-9900K-GeForce-GXiVR8080A8/dp/B07TRPGPCL/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 from a black friday deal and its been a long time since ive had my own pc. It came with RGB fans and the "addressable RGB card" didnt come connected. I dont have any experience installing rgb fans only basic fans.  Do I really need to connect this extra chip card to the mobo? I dont really care about changing colors but without the card connected, would it affect fan speeds/performance?  The fans seem to run fine without the card and my temps stay around 30c idle and 50-76 depending on which game i am playing. 

It really shouldn't affect fan speeds at all. It is for sure a nice thing to plug in since it adds a really nice feel to your PC. If I were you i would install it using a YouTube video or something. I don't think it needs anything more than a SATA port.

ah ok, just wanted some kind of confirmation to be sure. will check it out. thanks for the reply!

RGB fans have two cables, one for speed and other for lights. You don't need to have lights connected for fans to work and be controlled otherwise. If you do want the RGB option, better be in contact with Cyberpower support first. Its hard to say without knowing what this "ARGB card" even is, how it would be connected and operated.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv