Exposed PCB & Standoffs

Shrepto

I have a Roccat Vulcan AIMO that is just too tall for me to comfortable use.  I've removed the back plastic cover and it sits perfect.  I want to thread in some standoffs where the screws go to support the board and get the PCB off desk surface.

Is having an exposed PCB going to be an issue?

Shouldn't be a problem if it's plated, it'll just be a pain in the ass to clean.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Not sure what you mean by plated.  The PCB will have nothing underneath it between it and the desk besides a couple inches of clearance provided by some standoffs.

8 minutes ago, Shrepto said:

Not sure what you mean by plated.  The PCB will have nothing underneath it between it and the desk besides a couple inches of clearance provided by some standoffs.

I think @Juular might have been talking about the mounting holes being plated, which they wouldn't have to be either way if the pcb is rigid enough to support normal use. Can you raise the chair?

No, but it is more to do with the actual height of the keys than anything.  The board has an aluminum faceplate which helps add to the rigidity.  I would imagine it would be good enough for normal use.  I'm more concerned with something shorting out.