Is it bad to set my PC on my sub?

So I just moved to a new place and had to down grade to a much smaller desk. This means I'm going to have to set my PC on the floor which isn't ideal because I have carpet and my GPU pulls air from uder the case. I have an SFX case so I could set it on top of my subwoofer but I'm concerned about the vibrations messing something up (specifically my HDD). should I be concerned about this or would it not be a problem?

5 minutes ago, coaltown992 said:

So I just moved to a new place and had to down grade to a much smaller desk. This means I'm going to have to set my PC on the floor which isn't ideal because I have carpet and my GPU pulls air from uder the case. I have an SFX case so I could set it on top of my subwoofer but I'm concerned about the vibrations messing something up (specifically my HDD). should I be concerned about this or would it not be a problem?

If you have a mechanical drive, yes, this could result in premature drive failure. What about a small Ikea stackable shelf unit thing?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

On the desk beneath/behind the monitor is better

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

you could get a chair mat, that would allow for your case to have more breathing room under it

2 hours ago, coaltown992 said:

I wouldn't.

Just grab a kitchen cutting board and slide that under the PC case until you find something better. 

2 hours ago, coaltown992 said:

Just use a piece of scrap wood. Or a cutting board. Even a solid piece of cardboard would work. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Putting it on the sub wouldnt hurt anything. But obv theres the risk of your case falling off if its vibrated off.

But the magnet in the sub wont hurt anything.