New motherboard causing an electronic droning noise from monitor

So I just installed a new motherboard (Aorus Z390 Ultra), as well as a new i5 9600K and new RAM, and i noticed that my monitor has started to make this low pitched buzzing noise.

It's a somewhat old Samsung LED monitor, but I'm not sure what could be causing it. It's connected to the graphics card (GTX 1080) as well, and the sounds stops when I unplug the HDMI from either the card or monitor. Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

So I just installed a new motherboard (Aorus Z390 Ultra), as well as a new i5 9600K and new RAM, and i noticed that my monitor has started to make this low pitched buzzing noise.

It's a somewhat old Samsung LED monitor, but I'm not sure what could be causing it. It's connected to the graphics card (GTX 1080) as well, and the sounds stops when I unplug the HDMI from either the card or monitor. Any thoughts?

Yesterday I would have said most likely Some sort of coil whine and not to worry about it.  I was told how coil whine worked once and was recently told my understanding was faulty though.  It was a somewhat narrow difference.  A different explanation was given which I think says it could still be coil whine though I think the implication was that it would also mean in this case that a coil in the monitor was to some degree decaying.  It may still not matter functionally.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Lunar Evolution said:

and the sounds stops when I unplug the HDMI from either the card or monitor. Any thoughts?

Right click the speaker icon in system tray, Open Sound Settings > On the side where it says "Related Settings" click "Sound Control Panel" and disable Nvidia audio devices.

Alternatively you can go to Device manager and disable NVIDIA High Definition Audio, and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device under Sound, Video, and Game controllers.

Considering the monitor isn't plugged into the motherboard it shouldn't actually be a motherboard issue unless it's noise from the PCIe slot power somehow being transferred to the monitor speakers, if the monitor has no speakers then I got nothing and this was all pointless :D You could also try turning the volume off on the monitor?

10 minutes ago, Labeled said:

Right click the speaker icon in system tray, Open Sound Settings > On the side where it says "Related Settings" click "Sound Control Panel" and disable Nvidia audio devices.

Alternatively you can go to Device manager and disable NVIDIA High Definition Audio, and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device under Sound, Video, and Game controllers.

Considering the monitor isn't plugged into the motherboard it shouldn't actually be a motherboard issue unless it's noise from the PCIe slot power somehow being transferred to the monitor speakers, if the monitor has no speakers then I got nothing and this was all pointless :D You could also try turning the volume off on the monitor?

Yeah I thought of this and the problem isn't related to the speakers. It does seem electrical in some way, I'm just not sure why the change of parts caused it.

3 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

Yeah I thought of this and the problem isn't related to the speakers. It does seem electrical in some way, I'm just not sure why the change of parts caused it.

i take it then that you confirmed the sound is not coming from the speakers?  The thing about sound is that it’s analog.  When things go from digital to analog rules change.  Sometimes drastically.  If the sound is coming from the speaker even though the speaker is unpowered it could possibly for example be a speaker wire inside the device is getting crosstalk from another part that is only active when that plug is used.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.