Sony WH-1000X M3 Review

Ashley MLP Fangirl

This will be a review of my Sony WH-1000X M3 headphones. I got them for my birthday on the 13th of September. 

I used them in 2 ways.

- While i was on the go, connected to my iPhone 7 or laptop via bluetooth.

- While i was at my pc, connected to the audio output of one of my displays. 

i primarily used them to listen to music using Spotify, and while using my pc i also watched youtube video's / movies (mostly MLP) and played some games. 

- sound quality i don't really have much to compare them to other than my OG MDR-1000X, and i can't really tell much of a difference. in a song like this:

all the vocals and especially the background instruments come through very clear, and overall any music i listen to with these sounds great. 

- noise cancelling. i travel by train a lot, and the train engines are quite loud and annoying. using these on the go is great. the train engines get almost entirely cancelled out, and most of the people talking also dissapears once you start playing music on top of the noise cancelling. 

using these at work was also awesome. the noise cancelling with music over top completely cancels out noise around me, which is great for me, because i'm very easily distracted. 
the best feature about the noise cancelling is being able to easily mute it just by putting my hand on the touchpad and then all of a sudden the music goes away, and i can hear the outside world again. this is great for example on the train when an announcement plays or at work when a colleague wants to ask me a quick question. 

- battery life, it is amazing. i didn't even have to think about it. i could go multiple days with 12 hours of use (not all of those hours with noise cancelling on) without being scared it was going to die on me.

- comfort. i can easily listen to music with these all day without it getting uncomfortable. 

- overall: i highly recommend these headphones if you catch them on sale. at full price i find them a bit expensive. 

Edited by Twilight
changed conclusion to use less words.

She/Her

• 4 weeks later...