MBED uploading to the cloud

Shahin

Hi,

I've written a few programs on an NUCLEO STM32F429ZI using pure registers and MBED. I'm looking to save data to the cloud using the inbuilt Ethernet connection, I was wondering if anyone here has done that? I've successfully saved data to an SD card but now require data to be off-loaded to the cloud.

I'm not familiar with the platform, but it sounds very low level. Do you have to write everything from scratch, or are there libraries available for e.g things like HTTP(S)?

One possibility for "cloud storage" would be to get yourself some storage on Amazon's S3 and then upload data from the device into an S3 bucket. That will be far from trivial, depending on how much of that you'd have to write on your own. You'd have to add support for HTTP(S), certificate validation, authentication (HMAC), etc. unless there are libraries that handle most of this for you.

It might be easier to get the board to send data to a local machine, which then takes care of uploading the data to whichever service on the Internet you prefer.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply