Is My PSU Frying Motherboards ?

CJsGamings

Hi, I Think My PSU Is Frying My Motherboards

I Have An Evo Labs Cronus 850w 80+ Bronze Modular PSU

I Was Running A Gigabyte PA-G55-USB3 Mobo For Years With No Problems, I Decided To Upgrade To An Msi Tomahawk Arctic H270 (1151).

It Ran Fine For About An Hour Then My PC Hard Crashed And The Mobo Now Powers For A Split Second Then Immediatley Dies,

I Thought I Just Had A Bad Mobo So I Purchased A Gigabyte B250-HD3P, All Was Working Well For About Half An Hour Then The Same Hard Shutdown

Happened And Now Powers On For A Split Second Then Immediatley Dies, Just Like My Msi.

So Is My PSU Bad ? Can It Appear To Be Working Properly But Frying My Mobo's ?

I Just Don't Want To Keep Wasting Money Killing Boards.

Ram - 1x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz DDR4

Storage - Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 SSD / Segate Baracuda 2TB HDD

Case - Fractal Design Refine R5

14 minutes ago, CJColl86 said:

Immediatley Dies

Could be, could also be a short somewhere.

Have you tried to power everything up outside the case? As in, place mobo on phonebook, attach only the stuff needed to power up, and see what happens?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I was inclined to say you had VERY bad luck with those two new boards, but if that's not the case, I don't know what could be happening. Why would it fry two new motherboards, but not the one you were previously using? Make sure that there is nothing that could be damaging the board. I had a friend who built a PC a few years back, and his motherboard died. I gave him a motherboard I had, which was the same socket, and it died too. We found that one of the molex connectors had the pins sticking out of the connector, and were touching the case, and shorting the motherboard. The motherboard I gave him, was pretty dead, however, the one he owned started working again, after leaving the CMOS battery out for a good 10 minutes. Try that.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

On 11/30/2019 at 11:07 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Could be, could also be a short somewhere.

Have you tried to power everything up outside the case? As in, place mobo on phonebook, attach only the stuff needed to power up, and see what happens?

Yeah i have, they're both shot completely

On 11/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, Bruno_A said:

The motherboard I gave him, was pretty dead, however, the one he owned started working again, after leaving the CMOS battery out for a good 10 minutes. Try that.

I've tried that thanks, they're both shot completely

Update, have ordered another mobo and a new thermaltake 700w modular psu, fingers crossed.

Will report back after I've bench built it ?

Okay New Equipment Arrived A Few Days Ago And I Benched And Built It Yesterday.

No Problems At All, So It Looks Like It Was My PSU Frying Mobo's And CPU's.