Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catheldrin

How to leak test fan-header pump?

There should have been an adapter that came with it to jump it and a 24 pin adapter to jump your PSU as well. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM pump and I'm trying to power it without powering the rest of my system. How would I go about doing this? The pump plugs into a PWM fan header on my motherboard so it has no way to get power. Do I need to get some kind of molex to 4-pin header? Thank you.

Posted · Best Answer

There should have been an adapter that came with it to jump it and a 24 pin adapter to jump your PSU as well. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Catheldrin said:

I have the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM pump and I'm trying to power it without powering the rest of my system. How would I go about doing this? The pump plugs into a PWM fan header on my motherboard so it has no way to get power. Do I need to get some kind of molex to 4-pin header? Thank you.

3 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The  EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM doesn't come with a PSU jumper (they do however sell one on their site) or if your PSU is from EVGA, it may have come with one. However, you can do this with a paperclip... here's a Silverstone PDF that shows you how. FYI: Regarding the pump's PWM cable - if it isn't getting a PWM signal, the pump will run at full speed.