LTX20 Suggestions!

CPotter

All of the tournaments Dreamhack offered for the BYOC were during the convention. I think it would've been better to offer them once the convention closed so that people who wanted to participate in both didn't have to miss the convention.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:07 PM, Tyrannosaur said:

Something to do with Louis's girlfriend getting shafted on her LTX accommodations. Someone at LMG refused to pay her ticket and hotel when Louis's was already paid.

I don't think it's fair to say his girlfriend was "getting shafted" because someone said they weren't going to pay for her flight.  It could have been a misunderstanding or that's simply what the situation was.  Getting a free trip to Vancouver to hang out with the tech community, marketing your business and youtube channel sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.  

On 12/11/2019 at 12:28 PM, TheSmed said:

Do one in North America and one in Europe

On 12/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, Henry445 said:

Hey can you guys do this in the US or around summer time so that your younger audience like myself will be able to go

Too expensive to move that many employee's and do all the work in another countries

On 1/1/2020 at 7:26 PM, notSepaus said:

hack-a-thon.

Id be down. I got a couple ideas.

I haven't been to LTX yet but will definitely be going this year. That said, maybe the following has already been done but I'll throw my own two cents in just in case.

An 'alternative' OS booth showing off things like BeOS, AmigaOS, OS/2 etc. Earlier and later and what have you. Does not need to necessarily be running on it's native hardware either. VM's would be fine. Perhaps this was basically the case in last years retro computer exhibit already. I don't know but it would be nice to see this stuff.

A Linux gaming experience and how-to guide booth perhaps?
Introduction to hyper visors/VM's, recommended builds at various price points for running multiple machines similar to what LTT has already shown.
Minus the somewhat legally problematic MacOS stuff of course.

IE, what I'm getting at is it would be nice not having everything gaming oriented/slanted.

While I'm here, I'll add...

Vancouver also has a vibrant music scene that could be leveraged. It wouldn't be out of place to have something like Tom Lee's or Long & McQuade or better yet, Native Instruments, Yamaha, Shure etc set up a booth and show off some of the tech that anyone with a computer (or iPad for that matter) could get into. It could even be content creator oriented instead of musical. Just an idea.

You'd be surprised at how many musicians out there don't have a clue about how to integrate their rigs into their hobby or profession for that matter. Or people wondering what steps to take in order to start their own channel regarding gear. With a little thought, it could be a great booth of sorts.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, Theorica said:

A Linux gaming experience and how-to guide booth perhaps?

On 1/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, Theorica said:

An 'alternative' OS booth showing off things like BeOS, AmigaOS, OS/2 etc

Booths about OS's other than Mac and Windows would be interesting. I wasnt there last year, but i would be very interested in OS/2 and Linux booths where they talk about how to set stuff up, and customize it, and the experience of it.

Edited by ethanbrecke
Added more text

• 2 weeks later...

This is @VegetableStu idea

Make a kick-proof TV booth

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 7:33 PM, BarackOBatman said:

TV booth

what is that ?

18 minutes ago, TheSmed said:

what is that ?

They did a video on a "kick proof TV"

I'm saying, make a booth where you get to kick the "kick proof TV" yourself.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

On 12/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, Tyrannosaur said:

Something to do with Louis's girlfriend getting shafted on her LTX

Why couldnt she pay for her own trip, that is the real question to ask.

so i just posted in the discord and chase redirected me here, my idea is to have a creator build off, then have the attendees vote on the winning creator, then raffle them off to the patrons, only allow one raffle ticket per attendee so everyone who comes has an equal chance to win, you can have a build criteria, price limit, and time constraints to keep any one creator from going wild. and the creator can then vlog the build and post it after LTX or right before as a teaser, or pump it straight to Floatplane for more traffic. 

this idea is inspired from the old biker build offs the dicovery channel had when custom choppers was a thing. 

this may be a better idea to implement for 2021 and build the pricing of the raffle ticket into the admission cost but still think it would be really cool to see you all go head to head like scrap yard wars on steroids 

I think it would be funny to have the creators read mean tweets.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Just seen the video about which mechanical keyboard switches are the best. Would be cool to have quite a few of them ( maybe the more popular ones that were chosen) on display so people can give them a go. 

CPU: i5 3570
Mobo: P8Z77-V LK
Drives: 1TB 850 Evo,1TB 840 Evo
Graphics Card: 970 Strix

@Elektra57 's suggestion of mean tweets is something that could be funny. I enjoyed the previous LMG ones.

@CPotter

I was wondering if there was a way for me and others to support LTX(specifically) without going?
If I could give $5 or more and have a nice LTX2020 badge in the forum I would support that. I think LTX is a good thing for both the community and LMG.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Guest Idea.  

Quill18, out of Sudbury Ontario.  He is a YouTuber and has a huge twitch following from around the world.  He has a gaming channel and a programming channel, and he has meetups in all the different places he travels.  100% I would be ther if he were there.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you guys get randomfrankp to come?

My PC : Ryzen 7 3800X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4-3600 | Aorus RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710 | MP600 2 TB, 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN X72 + a bunch of corsair ql rgb fans

Peripherals : G Pro Wireless, G513 Carbon (Linear), Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE , LG 38GL950G-B

• 1 month later...

Here is my thoughts from LTX 2019. You've already seen it but might be worth another look