A B and Cs of Basic Computer(ing)?

MG240

So is there any good ABC basic guide of computer(ing) out there? Maybe an interactive website or just a YouTube video. Thing is I'm trying to teach a person how to use a PC for the first time but they're having utter difficulty with it. Maybe a basic guide that could be used for teaching elementary schoolers or people on the spectrum should do the trick.

I've been teaching engineers on our company how to do their jobs but those engineers have prior computer(ing) know-how. This case is completely different in that a person is without any prior knowledge how to use a PC (tho they've been using Android devices for years now). I've been trying to translate similar things on Android to PC but it seems it's not doing the job. :( 

19 hours ago, MG240 said:

So is there any good ABC basic guide of computer(ing) out there? Maybe an interactive website or just a YouTube video. Thing is I'm trying to teach a person how to use a PC for the first time but they're having utter difficulty with it. Maybe a basic guide that could be used for teaching elementary schoolers or people on the spectrum should do the trick.

I've been teaching engineers on our company how to do their jobs but those engineers have prior computer(ing) know-how. This case is completely different in that a person is without any prior knowledge how to use a PC (tho they've been using Android devices for years now). I've been trying to translate similar things on Android to PC but it seems it's not doing the job. :( 

I had the wonderful task of teaching someone computer literacy once. I had acquired some spare basic-use books from Goodwill (I had planned to give them to nieces/nephews), that I handed off to the trainee. Turned out, their complete lack of computer literacy was too much (on top of not being people-friendly, and some other stuff).

If you want to teach them mouse literacy, have them play Solitaire. It teaches them all the necessary functionality of a mouse in a game form so they will pick it up quickly.

For keyboard literacy, I had a computer teacher swear up and down on 'Mario Teaches Typing', who said it was far superior to the Mavis Beacon stuff the school supplied us with. Or if you can find a copy of 'The Typing of the Dead', for the same reason of gamification of learning a thing.

Besides that, try to find a Barnes & Noble (or similar) and see if you can get some Spark Notes for whatever programs. Some people like having a "cheat sheet" to refer to until they can do a thing from memory.

Hope any of that information helps.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

lots out there for people to get familiar with pcs

with the aging population there are entire old age homes full of people who dont know how to turn on a pc

maybe some keywords to search for on youtube is, old people pc knowledge