Should I wait to upgrade my Rig

Hey Guys,

I am currently debatting with myself, if i should upgrade my current Setup right now, or should i wait for the 10th gen desktop CPUs and the next line of NVIDIA GPUs. At the moment i am really struggling with Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. After some troubleshooting I found out, that my CPU is really struggling, especially when i have any other Program then COD open. So because Money is not my problem atm and i need to upgrade my motherboard and CPU anyways and my fans are really loud, i just want to upgrade everything. 

So here again: What do think: Wait for an Intel Core i9-10900K for example or the new NVIDIA GPU or both or is it pointless to wait for anything of that?

Thank you for your help in advance ;) 

Oh sorry. I am currently sitting on an intel core i5-6600k on a ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ and an MSI Geforce GTX 980Ti

2 minutes ago, lauchbrot said:

Oh sorry. I am currently sitting on an intel core i5-6600k on a ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ and an MSI Geforce GTX 980Ti

What resolution and refresh rate are you wanting to run?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, lauchbrot said:

So here again: What do think: Wait for an Intel Core i9-10900K for example or the new NVIDIA GPU or both or is it pointless to wait for anything of that?

There are new AMD releases coming too, like the supposed 5900 XT for the ultra high end. That will come sooner than new Intel CPU offerings and Nvidia GPUs so it's something to look forward to, and if performance ain't hurting too bad you wouldn't need to worry about upgrading sooner rather than later.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Slottr said:

What resolution and refresh rate are you wanting to run?

I want to run a 3 monitor setup with a 3440x1440 144 Hz and 2 2160x1440 60 Hz. Of course the UltraWide is the main monitor which i plan to game on

Just now, lauchbrot said:

I want to run a 3 monitor setup with a 3440x1440 144 Hz and 2 2160x1440 60 Hz. Of course the UltraWide is the main monitor which i plan to game on

Yikes, that's a hefty requirement

If you wanted both in one shot right now, I'd probably go for a  3600 with a 2080S or something similar.

Though like @Fasauceome said, AMD has new gpu's coming out soon and they're probably going to be pretty high end. Might be worth waiting

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Yikes, that's a hefty requirement

If you wanted both in one shot right now, I'd probably go for a  3600 with a 2080S or something similar.

Though like @Fasauceome said, AMD has new gpu's coming out soon and they're probably going to be pretty high end. Might be worth waiting

okay thank you. I will wait for the AMD GPUs then and see how well they perform. I might come back here after they have been released and tested :)