Upgrading from i5 4th gen. Need opinion

Toynbee

Hello i have a wishlist and im wondering if its alright. Im going to get a ryzen 5 3rd gen x non x  variant depending on the price.

I have as a case Fractal design core 3500. Do you think is ok to keep?

im a casual gamer and not a pc maniac. your normal joe. not looking to show off or anything.

Ill be using from old rig the 480gb ssd and case if it is fine and the GPU which ill keep next year as well a radeon rx 580 MSI gaming x(ill be upgrading this  maybe late next year with upper midrage card as well)

Is the PSU enough or should i get the 550 one? (unless you have other psu on same price range which is better-68 euros or 80 $).

https://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/3995822/.

Opera Snapshot_2019-11-09_150544_www.pcgarage.ro.png

1 hour ago, -Kriss- said:

Id get the non x 3600 and get faster ram.

Yep faster ram. Just go on reddit buildapcsales and find a 3200/3600 kit for like $60-70 nowadays. 

RAM is very cheap right now you should get at least  16gb 3200mhz for about 75$

14 hours ago, mamamia88 said:

Yep faster ram. Just go on reddit buildapcsales and find a 3200/3600 kit for like $60-70 nowadays. 

Yea i get that faster ram is better. But wasnt it actually making a difference only for high end cards? Im usually using upper mid range cards

Also the Psu is ok?

8 hours ago, Toynbee said:

Yea i get that faster ram is better. But wasnt it actually making a difference only for high end cards? Im usually using upper mid range cards

Also the Psu is ok?

It has nothing to do with your gpu. Slow ram will bottleneck your ryzen cpu to some degree and it's not really any more expensive. https://www.eteknix.com/memory-speed-large-impact-ryzen-performance/