Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 5700 FPS issues

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
8 minutes ago, jthenderson00 said:

I haven't thought about that yet, I'm gonna go home and try that, then Linux if I can't get that to work. Thanks!

Running linux would be before reinstalling windows to see if the hardware itself is fine

Or just reinstall windows if you already have it set up on a tiny partition so it's easy to reinstall it.

I have recently upgraded my GPU from the RX 590 to the RX 5700 and for some reason, i haven't gained any frames, Gmod only runs at 110 frames at the most, when with the RX 590 it went up to 200-300, GTA V runs at 30-45 FPS unless its set to low and then it hits 55-60 frames if im lucky, hitman 2 runs at 25-30 on both high and low settings. i am also running with 16 GB of RAM and my games are running off of an SSD not that that makes much of a difference in FPS. Portal 2 runs at 70 FPS with my RX 590 and 50 FPS with my RX 5700. I've closed most of my background apps that used it to the point i have 3-4 % background use and when gaming my CPU is only hitting 60-70 % usage in most games and my RX 5700 is running at 40-50%. neither the CPU or the RX5700 is overclocked, but my RX 590 was overclocked an extra 175 MHz. any ideas why? 

Mother Board: Asus ROG Strix B450-F

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - OC 3.8 with stock fan until liquid cooled

GPU:MSI AMD RX 5700 MECH OC to 1850 MHz

Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB

Case: Corsair Spec Omega RGB

31 minutes ago, jthenderson00 said:

I have recently upgraded my GPU from the RX 590 to the RX 5700 and for some reason, i haven't gained any frames, Gmod only runs at 110

Did you already do a fresh install of windows?

You could try running linux off a USB and installing steam there to test games to see if the issue is windows.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Did you already do a fresh install of windows?

You could try running linux off a USB and installing steam there to test games to see if the issue is windows.

I haven't thought about that yet, I'm gonna go home and try that, then Linux if I can't get that to work. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, jthenderson00 said:

Running linux would be before reinstalling windows to see if the hardware itself is fine

Or just reinstall windows if you already have it set up on a tiny partition so it's easy to reinstall it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

18 hours ago, Streetguru said:

i was going to install a few different types of linux distros starting with steam OS and it didnt want anything to do with my GPU. so i just decided to fresh install windows, and that made a world of difference and now im actually able to overclock my hardware a lot better, thank you!