question about monitors scaling sizes...

Hunteil

Probably a dumb question but my brain isn't capable to seeing this.... My main monitor is a 1080x1920 and measure 8.5"x15" or 17.25" diagonally (roughly)...if I got a 27" 1920 x 1080 ...would the computer super scale the images? i.e. if I slide a window from 1 screen to the next. Will the window appear the same size? Or am I missing something here?

Also considering a 32" 1920x1080...but i feel like the pixels would only be bigger, thus will auto scale my windows into a bigger shape.

Is this a video or something that explains this conundrum? /help with picking?

If both monitors are set to scale to 100 percent the window will appear larger on the largest monitor, makes sense. You could scale up on the smaller of the two to help make up the difference. Another option: Go with a 1440p monitor, the higher resolution will handle the added size of the display nicely. You could run both to scale to 100 or 125 percent and the size of the windows will differ, but it's negligible.   

Unless you have worse than normal eyesight, or is sitting further than normal away from the monitor, I recommend 24" to be the maximum for 1080p and 27" for 1440p. (At 16:9, on ultrawide that changes things)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

interesting.... Yea I wanted to try and not have to scale anything within windows itself if I could prevent it. B/c it uses up more processing power to artificially scale stuff and I rather use that on my games or productive programs. Plus I really really hate it when font sizes for the exact same thing are different on my other monitors. It becomes a huge distraction.

Okay so correct me if I'm wrong.

I should be looking for a 27" 1440p then?  Like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V39QHMY?th=1&psc=1
And yes free sync.

PS: I feel like this could be an awesome topic for Linus tech group to film. Monitor matching for pixels and sizes etc.