Still having issues. My pc either crashes to a black screen or randomly restarts.
Ive now reverted to 1803 & 1809 both still restarting.

Ive adjusted pagefiles.

passes gpu stress and memtest

Today I thought the pagefile fixed it, was running good for a day + then while playing Control it crashes to a black screen, then it randomly restarts 2-3 times, cant remember now.
Before one of the restarts my background disappeared, windows explorer.exe crashed, I run it again, and then a minute or so after it restarts.

PS+ while it was crashing windows explorer.exe I think I could hear one of my HDD clicking in an abnormal way, instead of the normal "chewing" it was more of a clock's tick... tick... tick...

whats your specs?

something could be wrong with your power supply or your motherboard could be shorting out causing it to shut down and start up again

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk said:

whats your specs?

something could be wrong with your power supply or your motherboard could be shorting out causing it to shut down and start up again

6700k maximus VIII formula RTX 2080

Ive tried 2 PSU, using a coolermaster cable extension kit, and PCIE risers

2 minutes ago, SpykeJuggalo said:

6700k maximus VIII formula RTX 2080

???? thats not your full specs lol I need as much information as possible please

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, SpykeJuggalo said:

such as?

Like all your known parts? I'm really just trying to figure out the power supply since it could be that

Check if theres any metal touching the motherboard that could be shorting it out. Since you reinstalled windows I feel like this is more hardware based.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk said:

Like all your known parts? I'm really just trying to figure out the power supply since it could be that

Check if theres any metal touching the motherboard that could be shorting it out. Since you reinstalled windows I feel like this is more hardware based.

Corsair 650w, same issue with a TT 1050 also. Im in a mdf Desk (lack of ground?) its got ROG armor, plexiglass tray under it so pretty sure nothings touching the Mobo. But could it be caused by not being in a metal case? some people have suggested it, only to have others laugh at the idea that, because the PSU is grounded.

16 minutes ago, SpykeJuggalo said:

PS+ while it was crashing windows explorer.exe I think I could hear one of my HDD clicking in an abnormal way, instead of the normal "chewing" it was more of a clock's tick... tick... tick...

Backup everything IMMEDIATELY, if it makes that sound there's a high chance it can catastrophically stop working.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

7 minutes ago, SpykeJuggalo said:

Corsair 650w, same issue with a TT 1050 also. Im in a mdf Desk (lack of ground?) its got ROG armor, plexiglass tray under it so pretty sure nothings touching the Mobo. But could it be caused by not being in a metal case? some people have suggested it, only to have others laugh at the idea that, because the PSU is grounded.

I think you're good for hardware it sounds like. When I had this issue my PSU was so fucking dusty it just couldn't bear to run so it would just shut off. It doesn't sound like this is your issue but anything is possible.

@HanZie82 Is right, I shouldn't of skimmed over it earlier but back everything up. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Backup everything IMMEDIATELY, if it makes that sound there's a high chance it can catastrophically stop working.

Ok well I just ordered a new 6tb, if I have to replace my Mobo + CPU now I'll have a whole new PC ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Do you think the HDD could cause the whole system to fail like this? Windows is on ssd m.2 not HDD. Ive also copied control over to the SSD will be playing it without any HDD hooked up tomorrow

13 hours ago, SpykeJuggalo said:

Do you think the HDD could cause the whole system to fail like this? Windows is on ssd m.2 not HDD. Ive also copied control over to the SSD will be playing it without any HDD hooked up tomorrow

It is possible, but now you said OS is on NVME drive way less likely.

Also why you give out ALL your specs, you're only shooting yourself in the foot by withholding them... Jus sayin.

12 hours ago, muito_gostoso said:

use hdd tune is a program to detect issues vs performance i think is free

Already have new HDD in the mail, and I know some of my drives are pretty old, using 3 HDD and my 3 year old m.2 Samsung just died and the HDD are the same age or older. 

At this point I'm just gonna copy everything to the new 6tb off all 3 and just use them in my backpack PC. Then I'll have all my shit in one place for once also

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

It is possible, but now you said OS is on NVME drive way less likely.

Also why you give out ALL your specs, you're only shooting yourself in the foot by withholding them... Jus sayin.

I literally asked what was it I should say. Im not withholding, idk what else to list lol. 

I'm on a Corsair 650w 

Asus Maximus formula viii

6700k only OC is the Asus always boost to 4.2

Water cooled custom loop 2* 360 both push pull ekwbs

Rtx 2080 FE no OC

2*16 gb g.skill 

M.2 sata controlled (not nvme, just had the Samsung nvme die far quicker than I expected, this WD claims best lifetime) Windows boot drive

3hdd various brands and sizes

Using cooler master cable extensions

2 phanteks pcie risers and 1 TT riser (desk PC mb and GPU on opposite sides)

IMG_20190906_212922508~2.jpg

3 minutes ago, SpykeJuggalo said:

I literally asked what was it I should say. Im not withholding, idk what else to list lol. 

I'm on a Corsair 650w 

Asus Maximus formula viii

6700k only OC is the Asus always boost to 4.2

Water cooled custom loop 2* 360 both push pull ekwbs

Rtx 2080 FE no OC

2*16 gb g.skill 

M.2 sata controlled (not nvme, just had the Samsung nvme die far quicker than I expected, this WD claims best lifetime) Windows boot drive

3hdd various brands and sizes

Using cooler master cable extensions

2 phanteks pcie risers and 1 TT riser (desk PC mb and GPU on opposite sides)

Shit, now im jealous, i shouldve kept my big mouth shut. :P

Also if it is software you could check the event viewer if something was put into a log (altho im guessing that might be a tough nut to crack).

howto(ish) https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Shit, now im jealous, i shouldve kept my big mouth shut.

Also if it is software you could check the event viewer if something was put into a log (altho im guessing that might be a tough nut to crack).

howto(ish) https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/

There are logs that I can't get rid of at startup, even after multiple windows installs, even over a formatted drive, I get permission error logs, not on the PC ATM I can't specify. But at the time of restart / crash it doesn't say anything other than the shutdown was unexpected

Just now, SpykeJuggalo said:

There are logs that I can't get rid of at startup, even after multiple windows installs, even over a formatted drive, I get permission error logs, not on the PC ATM I can't specify. But at the time of restart / crash it doesn't say anything other than the shutdown was unexpected

Roger that, was afraid of that. That says to me its more hardware related. (But as anyone i could be wrong)
I would go by trying to run as bare as possible. As in removing all but 1 RAM stick no drives and only GPU if need and such. And go and try to exclude whats working correctly.
Cus daily random reboots are the absolute worst.

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Shit, now im jealous, i shouldve kept my big mouth shut. :P

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Roger that, was afraid of that. That says to me its more hardware related. (But as anyone i could be wrong)
I would go by trying to run as bare as possible. As in removing all but 1 RAM stick no drives and only GPU if need and such. And go and try to exclude whats working correctly.

Skimmed that tips article, I will do it later. Seems like it might say something I've not seen? Based on what that site says. 

I've just ordered 2*8gb ram and a new HDD, today after work I'll try control without any HDD in. I could run on board graphics but idk if the problem will arise or not because the less power and such or if the parts are bad themselves. To many variables

I'm really trying to avoid having to run it out of the desk on a cardboard box, test bench style, because I have no cpu air cooler and I'm on hard tube, and I'd have to put the GPU air cooler back on again. 

That would remove the pcie risers and the cable extensions, but idk... How would that cause windows to shit on explorer and random restarts when not under high loads

I did have some bad risers from some off company and they wouldn't even load windows or would crash within seconds of desktop.

Everything did work before I put it in the desk, and the only new parts are the extensions and risers ?

But almost everything is 3 years old also. And not grounded case?

7 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Havent had time to try Control. PC has been restarting while using Edge, multiple times today.

Well I ran Memtest86, no errors. The cheapest way to make it test bench ready is barbed fittings & soft tube, then I don't have to take any blocks off. Then I could test without the PCIE risers & the Cable extensions. But since I don't actually have a test bench, that also would be an ungrounded system. So before buying the fittings & tube. ive grounded my mobo to the outlet, one wire from a mobo screw that looks like it has a trace to the grounding connection, to a loose ground post I saved off a extension cord, soldered on. Its running, no restarts so far, and it didn't blow up ?