First time tryng CGC Comic

Arak Zantara

With 40 + years of buying raw comics ( ungraded by a 3rd party ) I finally broke down and bought my first two slabs ( the protective sealed casing given with grade and certificate of authenticity. Having said that and coincidentally my heat press arriving today. I don't think I will ever pay for someone else to do my dry cleaning of the books or my pressing. If a purchase with CGC is strictly and investment decision, then yeah , you cant argue with the numbers. My raw Savage She Hulk #1 in NM condition will bring in about $150 today (before Disney even airs one show) But my CGC 9.8 flawless will bring in between $500 -$750

As for the Werewolf by Night #32 which was a tough book to find anywhere above 9 . It had a low print run to start with , but with it being first appearance of Moon Knight and the confirmation of the Disney/Marvel show, an insane priced book ... Just became obscene .  a CGC 9.8 sold the other day for $50,000. In my opinion CGC is grossly overpriced. How do you justify charging me a percent of fair market value of a book that I own and your just providing a service?? madness. and it can literally take months sometimes to get your book back. BUT again there is no arguing with the final results. CGC books simply command a higher price then the other 2 grading companies and are not even in the same stratosphere as raw books. So yeah if you can get a bargain on and already graded piece at the "right" time... its totally worth it :)

SH 1.jpg

WWBN 32 9.2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well now I have officially bought 6 graded slabs . still thousands to go to catch the raw collection LOL

BA 12.jpg

NTT 2.jpg