Are these temps normal? (x570/Ryzen 7 3800X)

MadrakTheMighty

I have recently purchased an ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F motherboard, and an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x processor.  Everything seems to be going really well, but there are some temperature readings that seem _really_ high.  The CPU and motherboard temps are fine, but some of the other sensors are reading what seem to me to be extremely high temps.  For my old motherboard there was some monitoring software that would show the temperature, and where it was read from on the board.  I can't find a similar app for this motherboard.  All I have are these HWINFO64 readings with (seemingly) extremely high Temp2 and Temp5 readings.

I've installed the Wraith Prism that came with the processor and have done no overclocking.  I also have 4 case fans, 1 intake on the front, 2 exhaust on the top and 1 exhaust on the rear.  So I would think my cooling's adequate for a non-overclocked CPU

Are these temps something I should be worried about?  Is there an application which can tell me where on the motherboard they're being measured?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

temps.PNG

I tried that, I don't remember it giving me all the data I was looking for, but I'll check it again

Those temps are for something that is not the CPU.  Temps in the 90c range are pretty normal for VRM power stages.

Here's my Ryzen Master screen, I'm not familiar with the program, is there somewhere I can look to see a more detailed temperature readout?

ryzenmaster.PNG

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Those temps are for something that is not the CPU.  Temps in the 90c range are pretty normal for VRM power stages.

I didn't even think of the VRMs that's a very good point, and I'm aware that they can warm really hot... That eases my mind quite a bit.  Thank you.

Just now, MadrakTheMighty said:

Here's my Ryzen Master screen, I'm not familiar with the program, is there somewhere I can look to see a more detailed temperature readout?

Get an IR thermometer and measure by hand.  Software is notorious for lying or misreading sensors.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

Get an IR thermometer and measure by hand.  Software is notorious for lying or misreading sensors.

If problems appear I'll do that.

On a side note, I'm not currently using the Thermistor that came with the motherboard, is there somplace people recommend placing it?

2 minutes ago, MadrakTheMighty said:

On a side note, I'm not currently using the Thermistor that came with the motherboard, is there somplace people recommend placing it?

Ignore that. If Ryzen Master isn't giving you any warnings about critical temps, it's likely not an issue at all

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 11:14 AM, MadrakTheMighty said:

I have recently purchased an ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F motherboard, and an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x processor.  Everything seems to be going really well, but there are some temperature readings that seem _really_ high.  The CPU and motherboard temps are fine, but some of the other sensors are reading what seem to me to be extremely high temps.  For my old motherboard there was some monitoring software that would show the temperature, and where it was read from on the board.  I can't find a similar app for this motherboard.  All I have are these HWINFO64 readings with (seemingly) extremely high Temp2 and Temp5 readings.

I've installed the Wraith Prism that came with the processor and have done no overclocking.  I also have 4 case fans, 1 intake on the front, 2 exhaust on the top and 1 exhaust on the rear.  So I would think my cooling's adequate for a non-overclocked CPU

Are these temps something I should be worried about?  Is there an application which can tell me where on the motherboard they're being measured?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

temps.PNG

I ran the AMD Wraith Prism for about a month so I could evaluate it's temperature handling. I have the 3800X, and was routinely seeing high 80's under load. Couldn't run multpile benchmarks with my OC and stay there though. I actually went over 100 with successive runs, so I upgraded to the LTT Edition of the Noctua NH-D15. Once I got that installed, I was able to acheive an all core OC at 4.4 GHz at 1.28V, and my temps, even after successive runs of benchmarks never crosses 73.3. This cooler is an absolute BEAST. I can see temps as low as 28.5 when idle.LOVE IT.

MY RIG: Corsair Crystal Series 460X Case | MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi X570 Board | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | LTT Edition Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black (with attached low-noise adapters) | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz CL18 RAM | Asrock Radeon RX 5700 8GB (XT VBIOS Flashed) | Crucial MX500 SATA III 500GB SSD | Corsair HD750 80+ Platinum 750 PSU | 4x Corsair SP120 Case Fans | ASUS VE 247H 24" Full HD Monitor | Logitech K345 Keyboard | Anker A7851 Vertical Mouse | Elegiant Sounbar 288929 | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jeremygd/saved/gnXBZL