Any feedback on Gigabyte x570 aorus elite?

nJoy.

Hey, so it's time to say goodbye to my i7-2600k and I started looking into a ryzen 3000 series. Currently I am going for Ryzen 7 3700x and thinking to pair it with GIGABYTE x570 Aorus Elite. Any feedback on that board? Also maybe there is other boards you could recommend? I made this choice while checking one of the GN videos about x570 boards. Is it any good for the price or should I go with B450 chipset boards? I would like to treat myself to higher tier board, but wouldn't want to exceed 220 euro mark (thats how much aorus elite costs here where I live).

Well, I don’t have that particular Gigabyte x570 board, but one thing to possibly  consider is PCIe gen 4 support on the x570 chipsets. I had heard that the B450 chipsets were not going to get gen 4 support after all. If that’s the case and you are looking at it from a future proofing standpoint, I would probably stick with the x570 chipset. That’s why I chose an x570 board. Figured if I were planning on buying a more premium board, I would rather spend a little more now rather than buying a new board when more gen 4 support gets rolled out eventually. 

25 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

Well, I don’t have that particular Gigabyte x570 board, but one thing to possibly  consider is PCIe gen 4 support on the x570 chipsets. I had heard that the B450 chipsets were not going to get gen 4 support after all. If that’s the case and you are looking at it from a future proofing standpoint, I would probably stick with the x570 chipset. That’s why I chose an x570 board. Figured if I were planning on buying a more premium board, I would rather spend a little more now rather than buying a new board when more gen 4 support gets rolled out eventually. 

It's not main selling point, but it does add to the decision. My main concern is VRM quality and how good is the BIOS of this board. I've read somewhere that it's not very good, but if it's usable and is atleast somewhat better than my asus p8z68v-lx then I'm all set(I'am not going to spend much time in the BIOS after all). And IF AMD releases any future CPU's compatable with this chipset it would be nice to be able to upgrade. Anyway, mostly I am interested in hearing about opinions of this board and maybe some people have other recommendations. 

I have the X570 Aorus Elite paired with a 3900X and I'm having a perfectly fine time with it. I did do a few weeks of research for x570 motherboards and I had narrowed it down to the Gigabyte Aorus Elite or the Asus TUF Gaming. They are both highly rated as the best motherboards for their price range with solid specs. From Buildzoid's review of the Aorus Elite, the VRMs are pretty "insane" and would be able to handle any CPU you throw at it.

The further up the price tiers, all you get are better debug features like LEDs or displays (the Elite has nothing), better sound, dual bios, better VRMs (pointless as the Elite can handle an OC'ed 3900X and probably a 3950X easily) etc. Personally I don't really care about those bells and whistles, I wanted a strong built motherboard at a good price without sacrificing quality so I decided against going above the Elite's price point.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

1 hour ago, Kongou said:

I have the X570 Aorus Elite paired with a 3900X and I'm having a perfectly fine time with it. I did do a few weeks of research for x570 motherboards and I had narrowed it down to the Gigabyte Aorus Elite or the Asus TUF Gaming. They are both highly rated as the best motherboards for their price range with solid specs. From Buildzoid's review of the Aorus Elite, the VRMs are pretty "insane" and would be able to handle any CPU you throw at it.

The further up the price tiers, all you get are better debug features like LEDs or displays (the Elite has nothing), better sound, dual bios, better VRMs (pointless as the Elite can handle an OC'ed 3900X and probably a 3950X easily) etc. Personally I don't really care about those bells and whistles, I wanted a strong built motherboard at a good price without sacrificing quality so I decided against going above the Elite's price point.

That is probably what I needed. Board sounds perfect to me. Thank you very much. 

• 7 months later...

Hi there!
Bought current MB approx. 1.5 month ago for my 3950X

Everything was good, but on Saturday I have found that top 4 black USB ports that were used only for service devices (Mice, KB, Audio, Printer) dont work well. Mice had some freeeeeeezzzzzzz, keyboard just didnot receive power, and Audio received power, but it did not appeared in Windows Devices. When switch all USB devices to to blue docks everything worked well.

After restart nithing changed. 

Day after - everything fine. 

I have made my decision wisely. This was the only acceptable MB on local Kazakhstan Market that i could afford myself. I have reviewed several reviews, especially liked Buildziod's review on GN channel. 

I have tried to find Master edition or from other Manufacturers, but neither we have such models nor they were sold for affordable price. 

AMD 3950x

Gigabyte X570 Aorus elite 

MSI 730GT 2GDDR5 version

Seasonic 750 Platinum 

2x8GB DDR5 GSKill Trudent Z 3200

1xEvo SATA SSD for 120 GB

1xPro SAta SSD for 512 GB (dont remeber which models)

1х1TB Seageta Baracuda HDD 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, MaximuT said:

Hi there!
Bought current MB approx. 1.5 month ago for my 3950X

Everything was good, but on Saturday I have found that top 4 black USB ports that were used only for service devices (Mice, KB, Audio, Printer) dont work well. Mice had some freeeeeeezzzzzzz, keyboard just didnot receive power, and Audio received power, but it did not appeared in Windows Devices. When switch all USB devices to to blue docks everything worked well.

After restart nithing changed. 

Day after - everything fine. 

I have made my decision wisely. This was the only acceptable MB on local Kazakhstan Market that i could afford myself. I have reviewed several reviews, especially liked Buildziod's review on GN channel. 

I have tried to find Master edition or from other Manufacturers, but neither we have such models nor they were sold for affordable price. 

AMD 3950x

Gigabyte X570 Aorus elite 

MSI 730GT 2GDDR5 version

Seasonic 750 Platinum 

2x8GB DDR5 GSKill Trudent Z 3200

1xEvo SATA SSD for 120 GB

1xPro SAta SSD for 512 GB (dont remeber which models)

1х1TB Seageta Baracuda HDD 

I actually bought this board. So far so good. using it for a half a year now and it runs very well. I am so happy I went with x570 especially after recent news about AMD dropping older chipset support :D. I think you are still under warranty so if anything happens you can still get it fixed.

Hi.

It seems that there something wrong with VRM.

After my post those USB ports work well. No problems. Perhaps there was huge stress for MB so it tried to "kill" those lines. 

I've gave 24H rest and it works fine

Perhaps it was not ready for 24/7 use of PC during "Cobra-19" )

Yes, i have heared that AMD new CPU will not support B450 and x470 MBs, but still this MB for me is some sort of "transit" to other MB.
3950X is very nice CPU. At this moment due to lack of "instruments" on local market and increase in price for buying Devices from other countries I just sit quite and wait for some changes)
Would like to change to Aorus Master or even to overkill XTREME... maybe to Crosshair... But first, i should make some adjustment in spec of current pc and find solution in fixing my shitty Internet.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:45 PM, Just Monika said:

Same boat here except with a 3600. Bought mine back in November.

Just bought one for my wife's computer as well, with a 3600.

Both overclock well. Everything stays cool. Haven't had any problems yet.

asus x570 tug wifi is a little better

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)