Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nJoy.

Any feedback on Gigabyte x570 aorus elite?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey, so it's time to say goodbye to my i7-2600k and I started looking into a ryzen 3000 series. Currently I am going for Ryzen 7 3700x and thinking to pair it with GIGABYTE x570 Aorus Elite. Any feedback on that board? Also maybe there is other boards you could recommend? I made this choice while checking one of the GN videos about x570 boards. Is it any good for the price or should I go with B450 chipset boards? I would like to treat myself to higher tier board, but wouldn't want to exceed 220 euro mark (thats how much aorus elite costs here where I live).

Well, I don’t have that particular Gigabyte x570 board, but one thing to possibly  consider is PCIe gen 4 support on the x570 chipsets. I had heard that the B450 chipsets were not going to get gen 4 support after all. If that’s the case and you are looking at it from a future proofing standpoint, I would probably stick with the x570 chipset. That’s why I chose an x570 board. Figured if I were planning on buying a more premium board, I would rather spend a little more now rather than buying a new board when more gen 4 support gets rolled out eventually. 

25 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

Well, I don’t have that particular Gigabyte x570 board, but one thing to possibly  consider is PCIe gen 4 support on the x570 chipsets. I had heard that the B450 chipsets were not going to get gen 4 support after all. If that’s the case and you are looking at it from a future proofing standpoint, I would probably stick with the x570 chipset. That’s why I chose an x570 board. Figured if I were planning on buying a more premium board, I would rather spend a little more now rather than buying a new board when more gen 4 support gets rolled out eventually. 

It's not main selling point, but it does add to the decision. My main concern is VRM quality and how good is the BIOS of this board. I've read somewhere that it's not very good, but if it's usable and is atleast somewhat better than my asus p8z68v-lx then I'm all set(I'am not going to spend much time in the BIOS after all). And IF AMD releases any future CPU's compatable with this chipset it would be nice to be able to upgrade. Anyway, mostly I am interested in hearing about opinions of this board and maybe some people have other recommendations. 

I have the X570 Aorus Elite paired with a 3900X and I'm having a perfectly fine time with it. I did do a few weeks of research for x570 motherboards and I had narrowed it down to the Gigabyte Aorus Elite or the Asus TUF Gaming. They are both highly rated as the best motherboards for their price range with solid specs. From Buildzoid's review of the Aorus Elite, the VRMs are pretty "insane" and would be able to handle any CPU you throw at it.

The further up the price tiers, all you get are better debug features like LEDs or displays (the Elite has nothing), better sound, dual bios, better VRMs (pointless as the Elite can handle an OC'ed 3900X and probably a 3950X easily) etc. Personally I don't really care about those bells and whistles, I wanted a strong built motherboard at a good price without sacrificing quality so I decided against going above the Elite's price point.

2019 Build - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Noctua NH-D15S | Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB @ CL16 3600 MHz 1.40V) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING ACX 3.0 | Fractal Design Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Browns

2014 Build (Retired)- Intel Core i5-4690S | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING ACX 3.0 | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Browns

1 hour ago, Kongou said:

I have the X570 Aorus Elite paired with a 3900X and I'm having a perfectly fine time with it. I did do a few weeks of research for x570 motherboards and I had narrowed it down to the Gigabyte Aorus Elite or the Asus TUF Gaming. They are both highly rated as the best motherboards for their price range with solid specs. From Buildzoid's review of the Aorus Elite, the VRMs are pretty "insane" and would be able to handle any CPU you throw at it.

The further up the price tiers, all you get are better debug features like LEDs or displays (the Elite has nothing), better sound, dual bios, better VRMs (pointless as the Elite can handle an OC'ed 3900X and probably a 3950X easily) etc. Personally I don't really care about those bells and whistles, I wanted a strong built motherboard at a good price without sacrificing quality so I decided against going above the Elite's price point.

That is probably what I needed. Board sounds perfect to me. Thank you very much.