Monitor that supports 144hz via HDMI

Hitashi Kurusagi

Hi, I being looking for a monitor that supports 144hz with HDMI and not needing to rely on the display port.

I was looking at the Asus VG278Q but when I was doing research I came across that the HDMI on the monitor supposedly does not support 144hz and I have to use a display port.

Are there any monitors that support 144hz via HDMI is so can anyone point out to them if not I think I might just go with the Asus VG248QG instead. 

Thank you.

why not just use Displayport?

you dont even get freesync/adaptive sync without running DP on a lot of hardware. 

Most likely this is a HDMI version limitation so we'd need to know what version of HDMI your PC is capable of.  If you don't have the option of display port, I'm not optimistic it would be HDMI 2.0 either.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I have Asus 2080 ROG Strix OC which has 2 HDMI 2.0b on it. 

I was not really looking to get freesync or g-sync on it. 

5 hours ago, Hitashi Kurusagi said:

Hi, I being looking for a monitor that supports 144hz with HDMI and not needing to rely on the display port.

I was looking at the Asus VG278Q but when I was doing research I came across that the HDMI on the monitor supposedly does not support 144hz and I have to use a display port.

Are there any monitors that support 144hz via HDMI is so can anyone point out to them if not I think I might just go with the Asus VG248QG instead. 

Thank you.

There's a list in section 7 here:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/