HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.

PROGamer_199
Go to solution Solved by PROGamer_199,

I have managed to resolve it with help from a friend.

First I opened CMD as admin

Then I used the DiskPart command

List Disk

Select disk *number*

CLEAN

Then open Disk Management and use the initialize option and use MBR

Works a charm.

On short: Disk had 3 partitions, deleted all 3, 2 of them refuse to stitch together, tried both new volume and extend volume, but extend volume converts to dynamic volume then spits out insufficient disk space.

Full story: Hi, I have recently encountered a problem with my 4 years old HDD when I have tried to install AMD StoreMI, it encountered an error saying that my disks are partitioned and it cannot work with that, I've tried to fix that and I have noticed that one of my HDDs have had an "OEM" part and an "EFI" part, I have deleted both but now the 600MB part refuses to mix with the 930gb partition, I have tried multiple programs and tried some *extremely* basic CMD mumbo jambo. Even tried to delete the HOLE partition and try to make a new one, still no luck...

I can provide further info if the need be, I tried adding as many details about my problem and hardware I'm using to make your job easier.

OS: Windows 10 PRO 1903 build 18362.239 (I know, I shouldn't be using it, but I got a lot of software that I'm scared it won't work on the godly Linux *name of distribution*)

Specs:

-CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600

-Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX

-PSU: Riotoro Onyx 750W

-GPU: Asus Strix OC Direct CU II GTX 970

-SSD: Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB m.2 PCIe x4

-Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3000MHZ CL16

-HDD 1 (the problematic one): HDD WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM

-HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

pop in a windows 10 boot disk and see if you can just delete the partitions using that

1 minute ago, emosun said:

pop in a windows 10 boot disk and see if you can just delete the partitions using that

Already tried it, the "delete" button is greyed out. Also, I have no problem in deleting the partitions, I have a problem in fusing them together. The partitions are already deleted, but Windows cannot be assed to make them 1 whole partition when making a new volume. Thx for fast answer though.

Just now, PROGamer_199 said:

Already tried it, the "delete" button is greyed out.

could try some sort of linux based distro or program that does it.

might be a simple windows thing that linux will not care for

and or you could use something like an xp disk which is so incredibly outdated it might just nuke whatever partition protection is on the drive that windows 10 doesn't like.

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

Already tried the software part, doesn't work. The Linux distro as said in my post, is not a viable option as I have some software (that I use on a daily basis that are "vital) that doesn't work on Linux, or when it does, the setup is so hard that it's better off not to do it all together.

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

and or you could use something like an xp disk which is so incredibly outdated it might just nuke whatever partition protection is on the drive that windows 10 doesn't like.

going to try it out, I will come back in half an hour or so.

16 minutes ago, PROGamer_199 said:

The Linux distro as said in my post, is not a viable option as I have some software (that I use on a daily basis that are "vital) that doesn't work on Linux, or when it does, the setup is so hard that it's better off not to do it all together.

simple linux distros are bootable from a usb or cd. you literally are only booting it once just to partition the drive. you don't have to use it for the rest of your life

Just now, emosun said:

simple linux distros are bootable from a usb or cd. you literally are only booting it once just to partition the drive. you don't have to use it for the rest of your life

Sorry for the misunderstanding, when it comes to software I can say that I'm a certified noob. 

I have managed to resolve it with help from a friend.

First I opened CMD as admin

Then I used the DiskPart command

List Disk

Select disk *number*

CLEAN

Then open Disk Management and use the initialize option and use MBR

Works a charm.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

30 minutes ago, emosun said:

33 minutes ago, emosun said:

35 minutes ago, emosun said:

Thanks for the huge help though.