Ram Gives error

arnekick

Hi my friend asked my to clean his pc and upgrade his 4GB of ram to 8GB so today the 2 new sticks arrived both 4GB 2400Mhz (he only has 2 slots).

Now the issue is that when i put one in the right slot the system goes on and runs perfectly.

But when i put both of them in i get a error code sound thing. The system doesnt start the only thing i get is 3 long beeps followed by 2 short high pitched beeps.

Does anybody knows what this means i am at a lost here.

Mvg

Arne Van den Eynden

those beeps are usually system specific, do you have a model number? they are also printed in the manual most of the time

5 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

those beeps are usually system specific, do you have a model number? they are also printed in the manual most of the time

Ill take a look if i can find it UPDATE: if i put one in the left system slot it also doesnt go on and it gives the same errors

MODEL NUMBER: e203413ms-7957

does it look like the picture?HP ProDesk 490 G3 Microtower pc

in that case the beep codes mean "The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization" (user manual,page 47), you could try resetting the bios as it might still expect the old 4gb memory. according to hp, if that is the manufacturer, try the memory diagnostic tool in the bios. you could also try contacting hp about this

On 9/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, karsnoordhuis said:

does it look like the picture?HP ProDesk 490 G3 Microtower pc

in that case the beep codes mean "The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization" (user manual,page 47), you could try resetting the bios as it might still expect the old 4gb memory. according to hp, if that is the manufacturer, try the memory diagnostic tool in the bios. you could also try contacting hp about this

Ok ill give it a shot and yes that is the computer