Intake/outtake

Greetings,

I've built a new PC, only thing that's "old" in it is GPU (1050Ti MSI, dual fan).

I have i5 9600k and Asrcok z390 extreme 4.

My case is Coolermaster MB500.

Case came with 3 fans, but i decided to go with water cooling for my new CPU.

So i have Antec M360 RGB water cooling system(3 fans included).

I am interested in ideal intake/outtake.

Currently, my intake is in back and from the top (see picture) and my outtake is in front, trough the radiator.

My CPU gets around 40  degrees while idle (keep in mind it's summer, it's 30 degrees in the room). I've noticed that my GPU gets really hot so I'm worried that my intake/outtake system is flawed.

If someone could shed some light upon this situation, i would appreciate it tremendeously.

I apologise for bad use of English. :)

IMG_20190902_084439.jpg

IMG_20190902_084430.jpg

IMG_20190902_084420.jpg

The case was designed for fans to be used in the opposite direction. Front intake and top / rear exhaust. Flip the fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

your gpu doesn't have any fresh air to draw in, the rear/top intake don't get cool air under the gpu. As said flip your fans to front intake, top/rear exhaust, both cpu and gpu temps should improve

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I did the flip of every fan,

CPU temp in WoW (Max settings) + twitch on other monitor + steam download is between 35 and 42 degrees

Motherboard is 38 degrees

GPU 56 degrees

I would say problem solved :D

Ty for help and i can't wait to get 1660Ti with 3 fans in it ^^

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 10:18 AM, Cyracus said:

your gpu doesn't have any fresh air to draw in, the rear/top intake don't get cool air under the gpu. As said flip your fans to front intake, top/rear exhaust, both cpu and gpu temps should improve

That is simply not true, look at all that perforated area on the slots for the extension cards and above those. The GPU-fan is directly drawing in (fresh) air from that area. But as the top fans are pushing down air the hot air from the GPU is recirculated down and through the GPU again.

So your tips about changing the direction of the fans is still valid, and then the front radiator gets cool air from the outside of the case and giving lower temps for the CPU. And by changing the direction of the fans the more air (fresh) air will get sucked in from the vents around the GPU and lower temps will be achieved.

Air (and water) is always taking the path of least resistance and the rear fan is mostly sucking air in from those vents in the back and out again. If not the front intake fans have massively higher static pressure and is forcing the air in from the front and out of all openings and cracks. But as the back and top fans most likely have the least resistance to work against those fans is drawing more air out of the case than the three front fans can push in through the radiator and front filter/panel.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, Heathen Bastard said:

IMG_20190902_084420.jpg

12 hours ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

That is simply not true, look at all that perforated area on the slots for the extension cards and above those. The GPU-fan is directly drawing in (fresh) air from that area.

With the top and rear as intake and the front exhaust through the rad it would result in a positive pressure environment, so air would tend toward exhausting out of any holes/gaps in the case rather than drawing air in. You're right though that front intake, top&rear exhaust it'll draw a little air in through those slots.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W