Microphone sounds muffled

Tran
Go to solution Solved by Semper,

Access your microphone properties (right click the speaker on your toolbar, open "sound settings", under input click "device properties", then click "additional device properties"), switch over to the advanced tab and see what your default format sample rate is.

Windows updates have somewhat frequently, but sporadically, reset the sample rate down to 1 channel, 11025 bit, which sounds as though you're talking with your head inside a box.

I just came back from vacation and was forced to update to the new windows, when I began talking my friends told me my mic sounded muffled and I don't know what to do now. I've restarted my PC and I still sound muffled. Is it because of the new Windows 10 Update?

I have a Audio Tech At2020

Access your microphone properties (right click the speaker on your toolbar, open "sound settings", under input click "device properties", then click "additional device properties"), switch over to the advanced tab and see what your default format sample rate is.

Windows updates have somewhat frequently, but sporadically, reset the sample rate down to 1 channel, 11025 bit, which sounds as though you're talking with your head inside a box.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 minutes ago, Semper said:

I reverted back to the old update and it seem to be the update cause my mic works fine now. I'm just gonna wait for them to fix everything from that update cause I heard its pretty buggy atm.  Thank you for your help 

3 minutes ago, Tran said:

I reverted back to the old update and it seem to be the update cause my mic works fine now. I'm just gonna wait for them to fix everything from that update cause I heard its pretty buggy atm.  Thank you for your help 

Seems to be the trend for Microsoft as of late. Sounds good! Should this ever happen again, this would be the first thing I'd check. Every time it's been an issue for my friends and I (and others that I've helped - with the exception of one instance where a mic was once dropped in ketchup), this has always been the issue.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB