RX590, Vega 56 ?

Planning a new build to replace my Phenom II X4 955 and 750ti setup. 

Budget isn't too big because I need to buy a new monitor as well, that's at least 150 quid.

So, the RX590 and Vega 56 are both more or less in the same price range on eBay and gumtree. Not sure which to go with.

For CPU I'm probably going with either a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen 7 or a 2nd or 3rd gen Ryzen 5. Definitely 16GB of RAM minimum, I need the ram for some of my CAD work.

The GPU and CPU will be both be used together for rendering in Blender with Cycles.

As for games, I'm not an AAA nut really but I plan to play both Forza Horizon 3 and 4 preferably on high to ultra settings, still play JC3 somewhat but not much, also planning to pick up TpF2 later this year, as it's unreleased don't know how much a resource hog it will be but TpF1 was enough to cause problems on my Phenom and 750ti. I also play Beamng drive on low, would like to play on high to ultra settings with dynamic lighting enabled for once, new traffic update will also be pretty resource intensive albeit more on the CPU.

My baseline requirements would be to play all the above with the stated quality at 1080p 60fps, I might be able to afford a 1440p monitor though, still, 60fps requirement but more is always nicer.

Any opinions and feedback appreciated, will post a PC part picker list once I complete it down in the comments.

Budget for the entire PC is about £700 max, will aim to buy most things secondhand except for storage drives.

19 minutes ago, coconut_pie said:

I need to buy a new monitor as well, that's at least 150 quid.

You could also buy a second hand monitor! All of my monitors are second hand (and I have many), and it's great; so much more for so little money. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Thanks Draconid for that part list, will base mine on it. 

Totally didn't realise I could buy a used monitor, why didn't that come to mind. Though some Dell monitors are effing gorgeous ngl.

This is the current part list I've put together for now. I may also slap in my current 1TB WD Blue HDD if I decide it isn't about to die but not totally necessary as have 1TB of one drive capacity. Single stick of RAM also allows me to add another one in the future if I so desire.