MSI X570 A-PRO ssd not detected

I'm using a ryzen 3700x on an MSI x570 A-PRO. There are 2 m.2 WD blue 1tb installed, but only the one in the 2nd m.2 slot is detected. I've swapped the ssds around and its always just the first m.2 slot that doesn't detect an ssd. Does anyone know how to fix this? I suspect it may be that the ssd is sata not nvme, but I'm not sure. Any help would be great!

20 minutes ago, __Radio said:

I'm using a ryzen 3700x on an MSI x570 A-PRO. There are 2 m.2 WD blue 1tb installed, but only the one in the 2nd m.2 slot is detected. I've swapped the ssds around and its always just the first m.2 slot that doesn't detect an ssd. Does anyone know how to fix this? I suspect it may be that the ssd is sata not nvme, but I'm not sure. Any help would be great!

So both slots are for nvme m.2 drives, or is one connected via sata? As some mobo’s once a m.2 is installed some sata ports won’t work anymore due to shares lanes 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

11 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So both slots are for nvme m.2 drives, or is one connected via sata? As some mobo’s once a m.2 is installed some sata ports won’t work anymore due to shares lanes 

Well the ssds are sata m.2, and the mobo spec sheet says both are pcie (gen4 on the first slot and gen3 on the second) , so it seems that both slots can run nvme. But since it's sata ssds connected I can't see why it's not being detected on the first slot. I've tried setting pcie to gen3 only. I'm just hoping it's not a bad/broken mobo. 

The manual says that slot 1 is nvme only is what I gather..... slot 2 is either.

I have this board for my 3900x, I put my nvme drive on the 1st slot closest to the cpu and it works without a problem. Have you check the boot priority in the bios?

Sounds like 1st slot is nvme/PCIe only.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Thanks for the replies, guess the plan for having 2 of them in raid 0 is a no go then which sucks.