Strange Lines appearing on Monitor Screen

Yaxir

I have this monitor; LG-24MP59HT

just yesterday, a strange issue started happening to the monitor screen.

regardless whether the monitor is connected to the PC or is just idle, these strange lines keep appearing.

Even when the PC is off ( but the monitor itself is on ) and the display ports of the Monitor are not connected to any input, these lines keep appearing.

I have attached a video for you to see and help figure out the exact issue.

The Monitor is out of warranty, but please do let me know what exactly is this issue with the screen. ( and whether it can be fixed ? )

any help or guidance someone can give me in this regard is much, MUCH appreciated

i have been worrying non-stop for about a day now.

Edited by Yaxir
Formatting

Hi there!

This looks like there is a malfunction in signal transition.

Have you bumped it recently, maybe move it?

In all cases, i would advice opening it up and checking if all the cables are connected properly.

Take them out and replug them back in. Don't use anything sharp to disconnect anything!

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

5 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Hi there!

This looks like there is a malfunction in signal transition.

Have you bumped it recently, maybe move it?

In all cases, i would advice opening it up and checking if all the cables are connected properly.

Take them out and replug them back in. Don't use anything sharp to disconnect anything!

Hi Caennanu ! thank you for responding

Signal Transition ... hmm

bumped it how exactly ? can you elaborate ? ( like from the behind or on the front panel ? )

as for moving it ... well i never move the monitor. i just clean its backside daily ( with extreme care )

I have never opened a monitor in my life. can you suggest some good resources i could take a look at to learn this ?

once again, thank you for responding !

dankje  !

Hi Yaxir!

3 hours ago, Yaxir said:

bumped it how exactly ? can you elaborate ? ( like from the behind or on the front panel ? )

This can be any type of bumping really. i've had monitors malfunction simply from using the hinges that are ment to be moved. But generally it happens when its being somewhat rough handled. I'm fairly sure you can paint a picture with that description. (remember them old CRT monitors you would smack? something like that).

3 hours ago, Yaxir said:

as for moving it ... well i never move the monitor. i just clean its backside daily ( with extreme care )

You really don't have to clean a monitor daily, in fact it could harm a monitor due to liquids being used and getting places that are not resistant. If you insist on cleaning it on a regular bases, do it maybe once a week with a damp wipe. Anything that can form drops of water is a risk. (this can include wet wipes)

3 hours ago, Yaxir said:

I have never opened a monitor in my life. can you suggest some good resources i could take a look at to learn this ?

There is a first time for everything. But before i link some video's, first keep in mind that you need to handle plastic with some care, they are generally build sturdy enough to be opened a couple of times, but eventually the connection points can and will break off (yes even on the first attempt). When opening plastic covers, i recommend using a plastic card to wedge in between the bezel lines of the monitor. When its in between you sort of use it like a zipper and run it across, popping most connection points. The first bit you can use your nails so you can get the card in between. This all ofcourse after taking all visible screws out. And remember, even when you don't see screws, they could still be there so don't go out and forceable remove the plastic covers without proper inspection.

When you look at this video, you can get a general idea. However this guy uses a metal screwdriver to open the case. As you can see in the video this clearly leaves marks (and its not like he has the most delicate touch either).

Also you can notice that most manufacturers put a double sided tape along the edge of the screens. With the plastic card you can also run under them and save most of it to use in re-essembly at a later time.

Here you have a similar video . . . or slideshow rather of how to dissasemble a screen. This guy too uses a metal screw driver to take it apart, once again i would recommend using a plastic card (debet / credit like card). He does however show how to properly take out the cables.

Hope this helps!

Geen dank!

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

And then you find a video with the procedure you're talking about. However this guy once again uses metal, atleast the surface is very similar to a plastic card.