Corsair RGB question

another_member

Hi all,

If I were to get these Corsair products:

3 pack of ll fans (with node and rgb hub)

3 individual ll fans

A H100i Platinum

And a 4 pack of RGB strips (also from corsair)

Could I connect everything without buying extra Nodes?

For the sake of this question, please do not question my choice of an AIO.

Here's the plan:

Connect all LL fans to the RGB hub.

Connect the RGB hub to the Node Pro.

Connect the RGB strips to the Node Pro (I think all 4 go on 1 connector)

Here's a question: How do I connect the ML fans which come with the AIO? Do they somehow connect to the AIO itself or do I need another node and rgb hub for that?

Thanks,

Catchears

4 hours ago, Catchears said:

Hi all,

3 individual ll fans

A H100i Platinum

Here's the plan:

Here's a question: How do I connect the ML fans which come with the AIO? Do they somehow connect to the AIO itself or do I need another node and rgb hub for that?

Thanks,

Catchears

Just to be sure you understand correctly...

The LGN (LGN = Lightning Node) only power the RGB lights and not the fans themselves.

H100i includes cables and connectors for both fan power and RGB control (power connector, fans speed cable, usb cable to motherboard).

3x LL fans + 4x led strips connects to LGN.

Do you have enough fans connectors for all fans on your motherboard ?

If you do not then you need to buy a splitter for your fans power.

Or you can skip the LGN and buy a Corsair Commander Pro where you can power all fans + RGB and also connect USB cable that comes from H100i AIO.

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

Edited

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

1 hour ago, Boyohan said:

Just to be sure you understand correctly...

The LGN (LGN = Lightning Node) only power the RGB lights and not the fans themselves.

H100i includes cables and connectors for both fan power and RGB control (power connector, fans speed cable, usb cable to motherboard).

3x LL fans + 4x led strips connects to LGN.

Do you have enough fans connectors for all fans on your motherboard ?

If you do not then you need to buy a splitter for your fans power.

Or you can skip the LGN and buy a Corsair Commander Pro where you can power all fans + RGB and also connect USB cable that comes from H100i AIO.

I understand correctly. But thanks for taking the time. I think I have enough PWM headers.

Are you sure that I can only connect 3 rgb connectors to the rgb hub? Just to make it clear, the 3 pack of LL fans comes with the LGN and RGB hub, therefore I wouldnt be buying them separately. 

Thanks,

Catchears

Here is a diagram of something similar setup.  I would recommend getting a Commander Pro for connecting the fans, and the extra USB 2.0 headers.

Post image

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

8 hours ago, Catchears said:

Hi all,

3 individual ll fans

A H100i Platinum

Here's the plan:

Thanks,

Catchears

You're spot on for all the connections you mentioned for the LL and RGB Strips.  Follow the connection diagram @Slayerking92 linked if you're not sure.  ML RGB fans that come with the cooler will need to connect to the RGB connectors on the pump.  In iCUE, you'll setup your Lighting Node Pro channels to match the device connected to the corresponding port.  Since the ML fans will be connected to the pump, you'll need to change the RGB lighting through the pump in iCUE.

Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues, and I'll help you out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

3 hours ago, Catchears said:

I understand correctly. But thanks for taking the time. I think I have enough PWM headers.

Are you sure that I can only connect 3 rgb connectors to the rgb hub? Just to make it clear, the 3 pack of LL fans comes with the LGN and RGB hub, therefore I wouldnt be buying them separately. 

Thanks,

Catchears

The RGB cables from your fans are not the same type as your light strips. You can connect 6 fans to you RGB hub and then connect that hub to your first RGB channel on LGN. The RGB light strips connects to each other and then to your second RGN channel on your LGN.