Intake or Exhaust?

Jaminahat
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The fans in the graphics card are intake and blow towards the heatsink and pcb -- not the other way around.

Hi Guys, 

I am currently working with a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic and I had a bit of a thought earlier today and wondered if anyone had any experience with this same thought process.

The case has bottom mounted fans and i have always had those and the side fans as intakes and the top as exhaust....

Now my issue is that of course my graphics card is pumping out a load of heat and pushing it towards the ground and then the fans are blowing it right back into the GPU again...

Do we think that I should turn the fans around and have both top and bottom as exhausts or do you think it will make no difference at all? Wondering if anyone has tried it before to save me taking them out and turning them over..?

I understand its very easy to do however I'm not going to do it if its not worth it :D Specs are in the signature below if you need them.

Thanks,

Jacob

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

The fans in the graphics card are intake and blow towards the heatsink and pcb -- not the other way around.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.