Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eunoia

What Motherboard to choose???

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, im planning to buy a Ryzen 7 2700x and i dont know what motherboard to choose between the b450 and x470.Do suggest which one to get and also suggest the name of the board.

Do you want to overclock?

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Do you want to overclock?

Both b450 and x470 allow you to overclock tho so either way he's gonna be able to.

18 minutes ago, Eunoia said:

Hi guys, im planning to buy a Ryzen 7 2700x and i dont know what motherboard to choose between the b450 and x470.Do suggest which one to get and also suggest the name of the board.

I you want my suggestion i would go for ryzen 5 3600 and an x470 or if you need the 8 cores go with a 3700x or 3800x.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x     Cooler: Corsair H60     RAM: G.Skill Tridentz RGB 16gb 3200mhz     Mobo: Asus B450-F Gaming

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16gb 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

I'd say to go with the b450 tomahawk unless you need features that it doesn't have. Has pretty good VRMs for OC, and has bios flashback.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you, I may not see your post otherwise.

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • AM4 1700 build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/paddy.stone/saved/XyXyXL
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • Main Server - ASrock AB350M Pro 4 - AMD Athlon 200GE - 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM - 240GB Crucial M500 SSD Boot Drive, running Windows 10, plex server - 4x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf HDDs.
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocaphone F1 128GB 6GB RAM
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet
  •  
  • Unused Hardware currently :-
  •  
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo - Thermaltake Core V21-  EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition x2
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

B450 unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking. B450 will provide a decent overclock however, you wont be able to push it too far before your VRM's begin to overheat.

Prim - Ryzen 5 2600 / CM Hyper 212 EVO Cooler / EVGA GTX 1070 8GB / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 3200MHz / GA-B450M-DS3H / NZXT 750w PSU

Sec - Intel i5 7600k / Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler / GA GTX 1060 6GB / 8 GB Kingston RAM @ 2400MHz /GA-B250M-DS3H / EVGA 500ww PSU

Lenovo y50-70 - Intel i7 4710hq / nVidia GeForce GTX 860m / 12 GB Kingston RAM / 1 TB HDD

40 minutes ago, driftz240 said:

Both b450 and x470 allow you to overclock tho so either way he's gonna be able to.

I you want my suggestion i would go for ryzen 5 3600 and an x470 or if you need the 8 cores go with a 3700x or 3800x.

I see i see. Thanks

20 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I'd say to go with the b450 tomahawk unless you need features that it doesn't have. Has pretty good VRMs for OC, and has bios flashback.

Okok thanks 

19 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

Get b450 unless you need the bells and whistles.

Haha okok thanks 

15 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

B450 unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking. B450 will provide a decent overclock however, you wont be able to push it too far before your VRM's begin to overheat.

I see i see. Okok thanks 

instead of replying i see or thanks , you can press the heart icon in the bottom banner on the right of the post.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

|

|

|

|

|

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Eunoia said:

No n

2 minutes ago, Eunoia said:

I see i see. Thanks

Okok thanks 

Haha okok thanks 

I see i see. Okok thanks 

Just to let you know you can quote multiple people in one reply.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x     Cooler: Corsair H60     RAM: G.Skill Tridentz RGB 16gb 3200mhz     Mobo: Asus B450-F Gaming

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16gb 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

20 minutes ago, driftz240 said:

oops haha thanks for the tip XD

Just to let you know you can quote multiple people in one reply.

Can you guys also suggest which b450 i should get?

-Asus ROG strix b450 f-gaming

-Gigabyte strix b450 elite

-Msi tomahawk

do leave other suggestions.

I recommend Gigabyte Ultra Durable B450M series. I've purchased several of these board with intel and amd chipsets of past builds, never had an issue. The only MSI board I owned ended up dying on me.

Just my personal opinion. You'll have others who will likely recommend MSI or Asus over Gigabyte.

Prim - Ryzen 5 2600 / CM Hyper 212 EVO Cooler / EVGA GTX 1070 8GB / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 3200MHz / GA-B450M-DS3H / NZXT 750w PSU

Sec - Intel i5 7600k / Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler / GA GTX 1060 6GB / 8 GB Kingston RAM @ 2400MHz /GA-B250M-DS3H / EVGA 500ww PSU

Lenovo y50-70 - Intel i7 4710hq / nVidia GeForce GTX 860m / 12 GB Kingston RAM / 1 TB HDD