USB vs PCIE wireless adapter microstutters [SEVERE]

i use 2 USB adapters and i get microstutters in online games with both, offline games work fine (as long as they are optimized of course). would i fix the microstutters if i got a PCIE adapter? i have no way of getting a cable to test if it's the adapter unfortunately. i'm loosing my mind over this because i bought this PC like 3 months ago and i have this problem since...

the first adapter (a newer one which i bought with my PC) is Netis WF2190 and the second one is TP-LINK TL WN722N super old and it's latest driver is only for W8.1 and is from 2013

has anyone ever had this problem before? or does anyone know what else could it be?

ANY help GREATLY appreciated.

It could be USB, but I'd also wonder if maybe its interference from other networks or reception issues in general.

Have you tried using them with USB extensions to move them further away from the PC to see if you get a more reliable signal?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to plug in a cable for a while and it was all the same so the adapter is probably not the issue