$440 PC

EL02

I recently bought a desktop pc with a Ryzen 5 2400g, 16gb ddr4 2666mhz dual channel ram, 240gb ssd, gigabyte a320m s2h v2 mobo, 500W psu, wireless adaptor and a decent glass panel case($40). Is it a good deal for $440 considering it was a pre built computer?

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Motherboard could be better. What power supply is it?

Yes, i was looking for a b450m motherboard, but it was way overpriced. About the psu, i think it was an evga one, but i dont think the type really matters that much.

16 minutes ago, EL02 said:

i dont think the type really matters that much.

Yes it does.

If it's a terrible power supply, then you should replace it ASAP.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yes it does.

If it's a terrible power supply, then you should replace it ASAP.

I found it: https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-cooling-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EM2W/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=power+supply&qid=1562862911&s=gateway&sr=8-5

It's a thermaltake psu not evga sorry. What i meant in "it doesnt really matter" was that since it's a well known brand it should be good. Anyway thanks for the quick responses.

I have a question: Can i oc the ram, because i know for sure the cpu cant be oc.

Also is it good value for the money?

9 minutes ago, EL02 said:

since it's a well known brand it should be good.

Every company makes good and bad products, so not quite.

Thermaltake does have good PSUs, but your particular one is a Tier 6 on our PSU Tier List.

10 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Can i oc the ram, because i know for sure the cpu cant be oc.

Yes.

10 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Also is it good value for the money?

With some small upgrades, it's a decent rig. Mainly power supply and motherboard. Everything else looks pretty solid.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

25 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yes.

With some small upgrades, it's a decent rig. Mainly power supply and motherboard. Everything else looks pretty solid.

So do you think i will get a good performance boost if im doing daily tasks and light gaming? ( if i can get it stable at 3000mhz).

Yeah, i know the mobo isnt that great, but i dont plan on overclocking the cpu and 16gb of ram seem more than enough for what i plan on using the pc for.

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

So do you think i will get a good performance boost if im doing daily tasks and light gaming? ( if i can get it stable at 3000mhz).

Yeah, i know the mobo isnt that great, but i dont plan on overclocking the cpu and 16gb of ram seem more than enough for what i plan on using the pc for.

You should be fine. The power supply is my main concern.

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You should be fine. The power supply is my main concern.

I dont really know what model the power supply is. I just guessed it(they hadnt listed it in the specs), because all the other budget PCs this company builds uses this psu. I thought it was good since it had 4/5 stars on amazon and some great reviews...

I just asked them and im hoping to get a response.

Btw the community is great here. Whenever i post something, someone replies within 5mins. Thanks! ?

5 minutes ago, EL02 said:

I dont really know what model the power supply is. I just guessed it(they hadnt listed it in the specs), because all the other budget PCs this company builds uses this psu. I thought it was good since it had 4/5 stars on amazon and some great reviews...

I just asked them and im hoping to get a response.

Btw the community is great here. Whenever i post something, someone replies within 5mins. Thanks! ?

It's a cheap power supply, quality isn't really the greatest. As I said earlier, that would be my priority for changing out.

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

I recently bought a desktop pc with a Ryzen 5 2400g, 16gb ddr4 2666mhz dual channel ram, 240gb ssd, gigabyte a320m s2h v2 mobo, 500W psu, wireless adaptor and a decent glass panel case($40). Is it a good deal for $440 considering it was a pre built computer?

It ain't worth even $300.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: OLOy - 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $395.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-11 13:49 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

1 hour ago, VEXICUS said:

It ain't worth even $300.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: OLOy - 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $395.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-11 13:49 EDT-0400

My country taxes 22% of the price and it was prebuilt, so thats the cheapest i could find. Also walmart and newegg dont ship to my country and amazon shipping prices cost a lot to get the item here.

Edited by EL02
Added corrections

7 hours ago, EL02 said:

My country taxes 22% of the price and it was prebuilt, so thats the cheapest i could find. Also walmart and newegg dont ship to my country and amazon shipping prices cost a lot to get the item here.

Should have posted the price in your local currency.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W