How to make windows faster without format

Crunken

So it's been like 3 year since i last formatted my PC, and it's still running great but sometimes it freezes for like 0.3 seconds while doing some things (like video editing and some games) but i really don't want to format my PC since i'm going to be upgrading mine within 6 months and it's annoying to get all my programs and games installed again. So what are things could i do to clean up my windows? (both free up space but mostly make it run just a little faster)

Running Windows 10 version 1903 and my specs are below if they matter

Specs: 

• CPU
    Intel® Core™ i7-4770
  • Motherboard
    MSI H97 GAMING 3, Socket-1150
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB (Boot) WD Desktop Blue 1TB (Main storage) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Fast storage for main games)
  • PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

9 minutes ago, Crunken said:

Windows 10

Turn off all telemetry. Might not make it faster, but the less "overhead" the better. Look into Spybot Anti-beacon if you need extra help in that dept.

DDR3 RAM is cheap these days, get more

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

44 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Turn off all telemetry. Might not make it faster, but the less "overhead" the better. Look into Spybot Anti-beacon if you need extra help in that dept.

DDR3 RAM is cheap these days, get more

Yeah i'll look into telemetry, but i have 2x4 gb ram stick right now and from what i've googled i can't use quad channel with my CPU. And a pair of 2x8gb DDR3 is about 100€ new here, about 80€ used so it's almost the same price as new DDR4 i'll be getting later this year

Find all the programs you've installed and remove the ones you don't need. From a base configuration of Windows, while you can slim it down, it really doesn't do much for performance.

Also there are ways to reinstall Windows while making the process of reinstalling apps as painless as possible. Though this depends on what apps you want.

It may be not because you're using Windows long time. It may be because there are new features added in new version - especially more features in defender, but not only. Open control panel and check every option there - if you don't use some of them - disable. Windows has many improvements that people don't use.

And lack of quad channel support doesn't mean that you can't use 4 memory sticks, it's not work that way. 4 memory sticks will work in dual channel.