My monitor is of 144hz and cannot support it coz it doesn't have dp port

Kartikroxx

So my monitor is acer Gn246hl and it doesn't have dp port but it is of 144hz and my gpu doesn't have dvi port so i need a converter which supports 144hz and it should be dvi to hdmi plz help me find that converter

Later revisions of HDMI can support HDMI. So unless your cable and GPU are old, I don't see why you would have that problem.

What hardware are you running? What's in your computer these days?

EDIT: OH MAN That was a total brainfart I meant later revisions of HDMI can support 1080p@144Hz., hahah

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Just now, chckovsky said:

Later revisions of HDMI can support HDMI. So unless your cable and GPU are old, I don't see why you would have that problem.

What hardware are you running? What's in your computer these days?

Ik that later versions of HDMI can support HDMI XD ?.

That monitor is 1080p144hz.  HDMI1.3 and higher can support 144hz at that resolution.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Refresh_frequency_limits_for_standard_video

Full chart can be found here along with a TON of other useful information about HDMI. You'd have to go back pretty far to find a GPU without HDMI 1.4.  And by that point, you wouldn't be able to push 144hz anyway.  You should be fine with HDMI, just know you need to go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and manually change the refresh rate. 

HDMI 1.4b can actually support 1440p240hz, but only 4:2:0 Chroma sub sampling.  It has full support for up to 1440p144hz though.

6 minutes ago, Cash091 said:

That monitor is 1080p144hz.  HDMI1.3 and higher can support 144hz at that resolution.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Refresh_frequency_limits_for_standard_video

Full chart can be found here along with a TON of other useful information about HDMI. You'd have to go back pretty far to find a GPU without HDMI 1.4.  And by that point, you wouldn't be able to push 144hz anyway.  You should be fine with HDMI, just know you need to go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and manually change the refresh rate. 

HDMI 1.4b can actually support 1440p240hz, but only 4:2:0 Chroma sub sampling.  It has full support for up to 1440p144hz though.

Right above the table on that page:

Individual products may have heavier limitations than those listed below, since HDMI devices are not required to support the maximum bandwidth of the HDMI version that they implement. Therefore, it is not guaranteed that a display will support the refresh rates listed in this table, even if the display has the required HDMI version.

It is up to the individual product how much bandwidth they want to implement. The HDMI standard only defines the maximum allowed, it does not mandate that all products must implement the maximum allowed. Sadly that means you can't know what a product's capabilities are just by knowing what "version" of HDMI it is.

The GN246HL happens to be limited to 60 Hz at 1080p over HDMI unfortunately. So HDMI will not work in this case.

23 minutes ago, Kartikroxx said:

So my monitor is acer Gn246hl and it doesn't have dp port but it is of 144hz and my gpu doesn't have dvi port so i need a converter which supports 144hz and it should be dvi to hdmi plz help me find that converter

Please see section 0 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

@Glenwing, you're right. This monitor doesn't support 144hz over HDMI. Found https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34882.  

And yeah, that link you sent.  It looks like this monitor doesn't even have HDMI 1.4, or isn't implementing it to it's full potential.  What a waste... Quote from your link:

HDMI is limited to 60 Hz at full resolution on many displays, but not on all displays. There is a lot of confusion and misinformation surrounding 120+ Hz over HDMI. Here is the situation:

It is possible to support high refresh rates over HDMI. 1080p 144 Hz can be implemented as of HDMI 1.3 and later. I demonstrate high refresh rates over HDMI 1.4 here and here. However, this capability is optional. Display manufacturers are not required to support it.

It seems they could have allowed it over HDMI, but chose not too. Silly...

EDIT: I realize now, you are the author of that Tom's Hardware post. I didn't need to quote you... to you...

55 minutes ago, Kartikroxx said:

What gpu do you have?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Other than DP, the DVI can also deliver 144Hz without audio, so you need a dedicated audio connection if you have built in speakers on your monitor.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

I'm in the same situation for my 3 Asus VG278HE. I use 3 of these adapters : Club 3D CAC-1051

Costy, but efficient.