pc

ryzen 5 1600

2x8 ddr4 ram

250 ssd

500 hard drive 

asrock ab350 pro4 

rtx 2060 

750watt Power supply 

my FPS we’re getting bad so I used ddu and reinstalled the drivers the FPS came back for maybe an hour over 100 on every game then back to running at 15 to 35 so I had a gtx 1660 ti  so I used ddu and installed the card the FPS were good for a full day then today were back to the under 35 I’m new to the pc gaming world the pc is my first I build myself and it worked great for a year with a gtx 1050 ti this all happened right after putting in the rtx 2060 any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated also sorry if this is the wrong place first time posting to a  form  

How fast is your memory?

Keep an eye on temperatures and usage next time you play and see if something looks off.

Any background processes that are taking away from the performance?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

48 minutes ago, Kraken8114 said:

pc

ryzen 5 1600

2x8 ddr4 ram

250 ssd

500 hard drive 

asrock ab350 pro4 

rtx 2060 

750watt Power supply 

What case are you using? @Slottr is right, this sounds like it might be a thermal issue, although it may be background programs that are running.

Next time, I recommend putting this in troubleshooting, but no worries.

The problem might be temperatures, even if your cpu and gpu tems seem fine there could be other things that could be overheating like VRMs and memory, make sure that nothing in the PC is overheating and if thats not the issue try downcloking parts of your PC (i recommend RAM then GPU then CPU) because PC parts degrade and overtime sometimes they need more voltage to operate at a certain clock speed, a solution to this is either to add voltage or to downclock the part.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:30 PM, Slottr said:

How fast is your memory?

Keep an eye on temperatures and usage next time you play and see if something looks off.

Any background processes that are taking away from the performance?

Ram is ddr4 2666 and I tired killing all background processes that didn’t do much I don’t think anything is overheating at least by looking at temps and feeling the air coming out the fans. the weird thing is sometimes it plays all games over 80 FPS then it goes to under 30 and I’ll reinstall the drivers and it goes back to good FPS for alittle bit. I’ll see if I can get the cpu and gpu temps and usage I did get a  1660ti to try and it dose the same thing as the rtx 2060 so I don’t think is a gpu issue and I use ddu everytime I delete and reinstall the drivers 

pic 1 is  assassin‘s creed odyssey on high 

pic 2 is anthem on high 

gpu is the gtx 1660ti

1D0C783E-0E15-4E49-B68A-3729068BFD58.jpeg

27D3F74A-6C63-4437-AFC4-C6E6C71DDDD9.jpeg