Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ki8aras

low framerate on gta 5

Posted · Original PosterOP

yesterday I reset my pc with the built-in windows utility because i installed a new processor(a ryzen 7 2700) while resetting only the disk that the windows install was on

I tried to fire up GTA 5(after installing drivers) and I found my game locked to 35 fps with GPU usage at about 20%(a gtx 1070)

does anyone know a way to fix this?

(i tried enabling and disabling vsync and it didn't make a difference)

13 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

yesterday I reset my pc with the built-in windows utility because i installed a new processor(a ryzen 7 2700) while resetting only the disk that the windows install was on

I tried to fire up GTA 5(after installing drivers) and I found my game locked to 35 fps with GPU usage at about 20%(a gtx 1070)

does anyone know a way to fix this?

(i tried enabling and disabling vsync and it didn't make a difference)

Did you update the Bios and check display settings and everything as well? 

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Did you update the Bios and check display settings and everything as well? 

well i updated the bios on the latest one an while ago and the cpu performance seems fine from benchmarks

i tweaked the display settings and i ended up reverting them back to normal because it didnt make any difference at all :(

5 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

well i updated the bios on the latest one an while ago and the cpu performance seems fine from benchmarks

i tweaked the display settings and i ended up reverting them back to normal because it didnt make any difference at all :(

Is it only GTA 5 that caps the FPS?

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

7 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Is it only GTA 5 that caps the FPS?

nope , rage 2 is running fine

Just now, ki8aras said:

nope , rage 2 is running fine

If it's only GTA 5 capping FPS then it's got to be a setting in-game. Try setting the settings back to default.

16 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If it's only GTA 5 capping FPS then it's got to be a setting in-game. Try setting the settings back to default.

man i tried doing it several times and i even tried disabling vsync and turning the refresh rate to 60hz manually but it didnt make a lick of difference

i guess ill have to reinstall