Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geruiem

Too many background apps

Posted · Original PosterOP

My computer has 8gb worth of ram at 2400mhz speed, yet almost 30% of it is being used even in just the OS without any apps open. Is there any way that I can make it any less? I don't really know what to do....

16 minutes ago, Geruiem said:

My computer has 8gb worth of ram at 2400mhz speed, yet almost 30% of it is being used even in just the OS without any apps open. Is there any way that I can make it any less? I don't really know what to do....

In task manager you can visualize what apps are using the most resources. Look in there and manage based off those findings 

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

14 minutes ago, Geruiem said:

Are you running Windows? That seems about normal for Windows. Go into Task Manager, then go into Startup and disable all things that aren't needed (game updater, game launchers, stuff like Skype etc) 

image.png

Current PC: i5-3570, Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, 12 GB RAM @1333 MHz, MSI Gaming X RX 480 OC'd to 1400MHz core and 2050MHz memory. 240GB Crucial BX500, 500GB Seagate HDD, Antec Truepower Classic 650W

Peripherals: Old Logitech mouse, Redragon K552-R Kumara, LG Flatron W2353V, Sony ZX770BN headphones.

Laptop: Dell Latitude E5470 upgraded by my store (i5 6300U, 8GB DDR4 @2133, 500GB SSD)