Too many background apps

Stickbug

My computer has 8gb worth of ram at 2400mhz speed, yet almost 30% of it is being used even in just the OS without any apps open. Is there any way that I can make it any less? I don't really know what to do....

16 minutes ago, Geruiem said:

My computer has 8gb worth of ram at 2400mhz speed, yet almost 30% of it is being used even in just the OS without any apps open. Is there any way that I can make it any less? I don't really know what to do....

In task manager you can visualize what apps are using the most resources. Look in there and manage based off those findings 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

14 minutes ago, Geruiem said:

Are you running Windows? That seems about normal for Windows. Go into Task Manager, then go into Startup and disable all things that aren't needed (game updater, game launchers, stuff like Skype etc) 

image.png