Hi, I am currently running a PC with 8gb of ddr4-3000 RAM, it is 1 stick of it, if i wanted to upgrade my ram to 16gb of DDR4 RAM do i just buy 1 stick of the same exact RAM and keep the old stick in my Motherboard too? Or do i have to buy 2 new sticks of 8gb RAM? Any help is greatly appreciated 

do i just buy 1 stick of the same exact RAM and keep the old stick in my Motherboard too?

Yes.

You can obviously take out it of the system and get a new set, but by buying the same single stick of RAM you basically made yourself a set which works just as well as getting an entirely new set.

Check your manual where you need to put the second stick of RAM, usually they recommend slots 2 and 4 (counting from socket side), but sometimes you can use slots 1 and 3 just fine.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can use different sticks on the same motherboard. Check your motherboard's manual to know which slots are for which channel and make sure the sticks are on different channels for optimal performance.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*