Monitor Buying Suggestions?

Hi!

I'm looking to get a new monitor. I currently have a Samsung Display Master (1680 x 1050, 60hz) and I want to upgrade to a 120/144hz, 1080p monitor. I have around $200 to spend, but still want a good monitor. My PC only has a a HDMI connector as well. 

Thanks 

for $200, the overal quality wont be great. you wont get tilt/sqivel etc adjustments, color accuracy willl be poor, response time will be slow and you will probalby have to settle with a cheap TN panel. 

for $200, its not worth it. 

7 minutes ago, Saksham said:

for $200, the overal quality wont be great. you wont get tilt/sqivel etc adjustments, color accuracy willl be poor, response time will be slow

What do you mean, a quick search in amazon and you can there's one on sale for $179.99, normally $199.99 which is under what OP is asking

1080p 144hz 1ms monitor with pivot, swivel and tilt

15 hours ago, Syaoran said:

What do you mean, a quick search in amazon and you can there's one on sale for $179.99, normally $199.99 which is under what OP is asking

1080p 144hz 1ms monitor with pivot, swivel and tilt

its a TN panel. sure it might have adjustments, but its going to be a terrible experience overall. 

btw, when it says 1ms response, that is just advertising and they use different metrics. the real timing its going to be much higher. 

its a good price for the monitor and its probably the best you can buy for 200, but overall its going to be pretty crap.