how do i format my SSD to reinstall Windows 10?

CaptainChaos025

Hello,

so i want to format my SSD (Kingston A400 120GB) so thers nothing on it anymore and reinstall Windows 10. What is the best way to do this?

During the install just delete the existing partitions and let windows install itself onto the empty disk

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

oh yeah. like @starcoaster says don't forget to have your install media ready first.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

12 minutes ago, starcoaster said:

create a windows 10 boot USB, use the windows install tool to wipe the partitions off the drive and install win10

Ive only got Windows 10 on a CD, so how would i do it then?

On 6/10/2019 at 10:23 AM, starcoaster said:

well you could use the CD if the machine has an optical drive and it'll still let you erase partitions - most people use USB these days so that's what i default to when talking about it

otherwise, if there's no optical drive, go to this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 and download the media creation tool, then use that to turn a USB stick (preferably USB3) into a boot disk for windows 10

well the case has no slot for a optical driv ebut i can connect one easily, so guess ill do it via that then :') anyway, thanks