Huawei ban

Faisal A

Huawei ban  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Huawei to be banned ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you believe that Huawei is being used as a spying tool for the chineese government ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you trust them with your private data?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Who would you trust more with your data

• Google
    • Huawei
    • Both of them
    • None of them

On 5/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, r2724r16 said:

On 5/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, r2724r16 said:

China has banned google, facebook, twitter, youtube. You may think it has something to do with censorship, Chinese gov't simply doesn't criticisms of its regime but how does banning facebook have anything to do with that? How does banning google map, google services/products like drive, gmail ect, have anything to do with that? It is nothing more than economic protectionism. 

Edited by wasab
Glitching quote

Sudo make me a sandwich 

@wasab Google and Facebook are only blocked in some parts of China. In those areas, they have a different Facebook monitored by the government making sure they arn't saying anything bad about the country.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

4 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@wasab Google and Facebook are only blocked in some parts of China. In those areas, they have a different Facebook monitored by the government making sure they arn't saying anything bad about the country.

My question is if that is the case, why ban them except economic protectionism? China has been banning US companies for years. But USA has only recently began banning Chinese companies, starting with ZTE. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

It is a fact that Huawei has many top execs who are active members of the Peoples Liberation Army.  If they are ordered by the CCP to spy on customers then they will.  If not the CCP will disappear them and their families and there isn't a power on earth with the will or motivation to take them on.  

Furthermore, that is a regime that has proven to STILL be SO EVIL to it's people.  The Uighur's of Xinjiang are undergoing something akin to the holocaust right now... and we are talking about buying phones from the people behind it?  I have no ill will towards the Chinese people as a whole.  With over a billion people there is no way any rational person can.  However, what is being done in their name is so awful....

Given that how can there be any doubt that Huawei wouldn't be co-opted to do a bit of spying.  

48 minutes ago, wasab said:

My question is if that is the case, why ban them except economic protectionism? China has been banning US companies for years. But USA has only recently began banning Chinese companies, starting with ZTE. 

Exactly can't get ANY outside internet in China anymore without a VPN. Plus if you are a Chinese national and use a VPN you might just get a knock on your door. 

Their already unbanned as well as licensed with the SD association again...

I'd much rather give my info to Google than to Huawei. Their phones aren't anything special either. Huawei bloats their phones with useless applications and ugly UI. I had the Honor 8 until I bought Nokia's 6.1 with Android One and was actually SURPRISED to see how the stock android looked so much better.

Anyways, I think the ban is a good thing, it'll hurt them for sure.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz